Friday, November 30, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
The card to the left is one I made using some scraps last week - I love the stamp! It's by WhipperSnapper Designs.
Written by toners at 7:47 PM
2. What is a typical Winter like in your area? What are the average temps this time of year? Well...the neighbors said last year wasn't a "typical" winter here - which is just as well, because our yard was covered in snow from October till April! LOL! So far this year we've had 4 significan snowfalls, but nothing more than a foot of snow - yet! I'd say the average high temps here have been in the 40s since mid-October.
3. If you live in a cooler climate, what is it that you enjoy most about it? Why do you choose to remain living there? If you live in a warmer climate, have you ever visited places that were seasonably cold? What did you like or dislike about it? This is our second winter in CO after living in CA from 1997 to 2006. I absolutely love it here, and the main reason is that we have been able to experience all 4 seasons! Spring was awesome when all the plants and trees bloomed, Summer was beautiful because it didn't get above 80 here in the mountains, Fall was amazing - all those golden aspen leaves, and Winter - it's just so pretty!
Written by toners at 6:54 PM
Here's a card I made for the Sketch Challenge that Alma gives us Cat's Pajamas DT members every couple of weeks or so. I really like the way this one turned out - simple, but pretty! Gotta love those DCWV Glitter Cards :) The stamp used here is from the Kitty Christmas set.
It's another chilly one up here in the mountains - we got about 4 inches of snow last night, and today I don't think we will be getting above freezing. I took Tasha for a walk this morning, came home, and put jammies on after my shower! LOL!
Written by toners at 1:09 PM
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
It's been a busy few days around here! On Sunday we were out shopping all day for a loft bed for Jamie...we think we found one but are still trying to convince Jamie that it's a good idea :) Then yesterday Iain and Jamie both weren't feeling too good, so I left them with their runny noses and took advantage of a day to get a head start on some Christmas shopping. It was very productive!
Made a stop at Hobby Lobby and picked up some styrofoam balls, sequins and sequin pins for the kids and I to do our holiday project - we make at least one a year together :) This is the end result of my ornament! I have to say, I'm surprised at how pretty it looks! I hope you're having a great Tuesday!
Written by toners at 12:56 PM
Sunday, November 25, 2007
- Roseanne - a sitcom that we could all relate to in one episode or another. I loved her dry sense of humor.
- Bill Cosby - we love The Cosby Show and are now enjoying sharing it with Nattie!
- Oprah - she just has to be on the list! 20 years of shows, and still going strong. The magazine is great too :)
- George Clooney - for obvious reasons! LOL! Dr. Doug Ross on ER...they were never able to replace him...
- David Letterman - seems like a really genuine guy, very down-to-earth, and his use of sarcasm is perfect!
- Larry Hagman/J.R. Ewing - even though I was living in Scotland at the time when J.R. was shot, people over there were just as hooked on "Dallas" as I hear they were here in the U.S.!
- Scooby Doo - because he and the gang have been around for what seems like forever and our (pesky) kids enjoy watching Scooby just as much as we did!
Written by toners at 12:32 AM
Friday, November 23, 2007
OK, this is the one that got the majority vote. Iain and I always choose different photos: I like the more classic ones, whereas Iain likes the ones with the funny faces - like this one! Jamie was just being soooo goofy when I took the photos outside...and I have to admit, this one shows how his personality is right now - and isn't that the point of these photos? The ones that go out to friends and family at Christmastime?
Yep, they can really see how Jamie is at 5, that's for sure! And look at Nattie, so grown-up looking - and Tasha, almost a year old now!
Written by toners at 5:29 PM
Written by toners at 12:26 PM
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Just checking in with a quick holiday card made with a gorgeous stamp from Whipper Snapper :) I want to wish all my blogging friends a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Enjoy your day with family, friends, or whatever you're doing...and I'll catch up with you all on Friday. Take care!
Written by toners at 5:41 PM
Wow, it's chilly here today! We got about 5 inches of snow last night, and right now it's only 19 degrees outside....definitely a day to stay inside with jammies on :) And maybe even get some time to create! Sounds good to me....back later with a card!
Written by toners at 10:15 AM
Monday, November 19, 2007
I'd love to learn more about my blogging friends - here are some questions for you to copy and paste to your blog, and post your responses :) Enjoy! Here are mine:
- Who am I? Toni - wife, stay-at-home mom, friend, DT member, student
- Who knows me best? My hubby!
- How old am I? 35 (for one more month!)
- How old do I feel? 23 :)
- The most important thing in my life is... my family - hubby and kids
- I always carry...my cellphone!
- Something I always do is...drink tea - at least 3 cups of Earl Grey a day.
- I'm at my happiest when...I'm calm :)
- On a Monday morning, you'll find me...at my computer after walking Tasha! Probably finishing up a paper for school since they get turned in on Mondays!
- My favorite mode of transportation is...my car!
- My eyes are...blue/grey, and one of my favorite parts of me!
- My favorite material possession is...my room of crafting supplies!
- To relax, I like to...stamp, scrapbook, read...
- The town I live in is...small, friendly, and has 4 seasons!
- What's my worst habit? Worry/anxiety
- My guilty pleasure is...reality TV!
- When I look at someone, the first thing I see is...their smile (or lack of one!)
- I think ....................... is beautiful. The sound of a child's hearty laugh
- One thing that I can live without is...stress! If only I could get rid of it!
- One thing people don't know about me is...that I was abused as a child.
- My life is...filled with surprises and extra-special people!!
Written by toners at 9:37 PM
Written by toners at 11:54 AM
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Written by toners at 6:54 PM
Saturday, November 17, 2007
I had fun yesterday playing with this Snowy House stamp from Stamping Bella; I popped it off the page and of course added some holiday sparkle with my Stickles :)
Working on a paper for school today, then hoping to get some creating done! Have a great Saturday!
Written by toners at 10:21 AM
Friday, November 16, 2007
Written by toners at 2:14 PM
It's been quite a busy week, with some card projects due and school work to be done - along with the usual house/family stuff. So I'm glad it's Friday and tomorrow we don't all have to rush out of bed in the morning :) Nattie's going to a sleepover birthday party tomorrow, and then after we pick her up on Sunday we're going to to shopping for a new bed for Jamie: right now he's sleeping on a queen-size bed, but it takes up too much space in his room so we're going to see if we can find him some kind of loft bed that will help us use his space better.
Back later with a layout for a scrapbooking challenge....how to combine black, white, and glitter!
Written by toners at 7:54 AM
Thursday, November 15, 2007
This is my second set of ATC's for the upcoming swap. These ones are made with stamps by Stampendous! I just love the image of the owl and the mouse! Thanks for stopping by :) I'm off to Nattie's classroom to help out for the rest of the afternoon. Catch you tomorrow!
Written by toners at 1:25 PM
Written by toners at 1:12 PM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I finally finished my Artist Trading Cards for Taylor's swap :) I love how they turned out! That liquid applique is so cool for the snow effect :) These ones are made with stamps from The Cat's Pajamas and patterned paper by KI Memories.
Oh, and one of my cards is being featured on The Cat's Pajamas website as November's Project of the Month. Alma has created a PDF file for you to download - so stop by and check it out :)
Not too much else going on today...working on lots of school work. Week 3 is always busy, it's right in the middle of the class. So I'd better hit the books! Have a very happy Wednesday :)
Written by toners at 12:54 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Yahoo! What a great time of year to stock up on those stamps you've had on your wishlist! The Cat's Pajamas is holding a sale this weekend - 25% off! Wow! Just click here to check out all the fabulous images featuring Sprinkle, Poochie, and friends, all designed by Alma. She has also updated the Gallery, so be sure and stop by there too!
Written by toners at 4:05 PM
Written by toners at 3:42 PM
Written by toners at 6:36 AM
Monday, November 12, 2007
that I have said or done that I am proud of (today's Two Peas blog challenge question):
- survived the emotional and physical difficulty of miscarriages and a stillborn baby, to go on and have two healthy children
- started working towards my BSc. in Criminal Justice Administration
- told my family about the abuse I suffered as a child
- decided to bring up my children differently from the way I was raised
- made the move from southern CA to the beautiful mountains of CO
- given our pets from shelters an awesome home and family
- made it on to Design Teams
- raising kids who love to read
- managed 14 years of marriage (and counting!)
- found a hubby who loves and supports me - and who has a great sense of humor :)
Will be back later today with a card! Happy Monday!
Written by toners at 9:09 AM
Friday, November 09, 2007
This is another card I made for the My Favorite Things sketch challenge....the tag fits neatly inside the pocket :) Patterned paper is by Basic Grey, stamps by MFT.
Yahoo! It's Friday! That means that Iain will be flying back from his trip to South America. He's been gone since Sunday so it's been a looooong week for me...
Not too much going on here this weekend - Iain's flight doesn't get in until tomorrow morning. Nattie has a birthday party on Sunday afternoon, but that's about it. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Written by toners at 7:32 AM
Thursday, November 08, 2007
I got a set of stamps from Verve Visual a couple of weeks ago and just finished this card the other night...I had the exacto-knive out cutting the middle of these shapes out but I think the effect was well worth it! :)
The kids and I are watching "Ratatouille" tonight - time to get the popcorn going!
Written by toners at 5:15 PM
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Written by toners at 10:00 PM
Isn't that a great sentiment for a baby card? This one is made using stamps from The Cat's Pajamas and patterned paper by Basic Grey. I really like how this one turned out! It's a 6" square card.
Last night I was on a creative roll; I went upstairs just intending to finish one card, and ended up making 4! I love it when creativity just sneaks up like that :)
Written by toners at 9:27 AM
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Written by toners at 8:59 PM
Written by toners at 7:44 AM
Monday, November 05, 2007
One of the circle journal groups I'm in is doing some challenges between now and January, and this month's challenge was to make a mosaic page. Here's my version...
I found this one difficult, but got there in the end...I'll be off to the Post Office in the morning to mail them out to my fellow CJ-ers :) Have a great evening!
Written by toners at 3:44 PM
Written by toners at 6:58 AM
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Elton John's show was AWESOME! I'm not sure if I can express how much I loved the concert - and Iain did too! We arrived in Las Vegas early on Friday afternoon, and headed straight out to the hotel. We stayed at the J.W. Marriott Resort and it was gorgeous! The room we had was one of the nicest Marriott ones we've stayed in: it had a jacuzzi tub, so Jamie insisted right away that he needed a bath that night :) We had a walk around the hotel, then Iain and Nattie went in the pool for a while (till they got cold!), and I let Jamie play in the tub. We had room service for dinner...and then headed off to Caesar's Palace!
Written by toners at 10:03 AM
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Yahoo! This time tomorrow we'll be on the plane heading to Las Vegas to see Elton John's Red Piano show at Caesar's Palace. This is my hubby's anniversary gift to me :) I think that he is one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time and I can't wait to see him LIVE!
It'll just be a flying visist - we're coming back on Saturday afternoon - but will be well worth it!! Woo hoo!
I will be sure and report back on Sunday with all the exciting details! Have a fabulous weekend :)
Written by toners at 12:55 PM