Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Winter Thank You Card


Here's another card I made for a sketch challenge - this one was for My Favorite Things. I used the "Hot Stuff" set for the coffee image, and the sentiment is from "Essential Sentiments" which was released just this month. The card is another one from the Glitter Card set by DCWV.
And here are some winter-related questions - feel free to copy and paste to your blog for fun!
1. What temperature do you consider to be "cold" or when you would need to wear warm clothes? It takes a lot for me to feel "cold", so I don't usually feel really cold until around 45 degrees! I think that's also why I felt the heat so easily when we lived in CA!
2. What is a typical Winter like in your area? What are the average temps this time of year? Well...the neighbors said last year wasn't a "typical" winter here - which is just as well, because our yard was covered in snow from October till April! LOL! So far this year we've had 4 significan snowfalls, but nothing more than a foot of snow - yet! I'd say the average high temps here have been in the 40s since mid-October.
3. If you live in a cooler climate, what is it that you enjoy most about it? Why do you choose to remain living there? If you live in a warmer climate, have you ever visited places that were seasonably cold? What did you like or dislike about it? This is our second winter in CO after living in CA from 1997 to 2006. I absolutely love it here, and the main reason is that we have been able to experience all 4 seasons! Spring was awesome when all the plants and trees bloomed, Summer was beautiful because it didn't get above 80 here in the mountains, Fall was amazing - all those golden aspen leaves, and Winter - it's just so pretty!

2 comments:

Janet November 28, 2007 at 7:00 PM  

This is so cute, Toni! I love how the front of the card is cut down. Super neat. :-)

Anonymous November 29, 2007 at 4:17 AM  

Love your cards!