So, on Wednesday my eyes suddenly got all bloodshot. I went to the doctor straight from school and he thought I had pinkeye and gave me some eyedrops. To cut a very long story short, I had a severe allergic reaction to the drops and have seen 3 doctors in the past 2 days - ugh! They're also not even sure it was pinkeye; it might have been a viral infection left from when I had a sinus problem a week ago. My corneas were pretty badly damaged and it'll take 2-3 days for my vision to return. I'll be back early next week; just wanted to check in here and say hi!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
My week is going well so far back at school. I was wiped out on Monday after my first day back; I should probably have taken one more day, but I was ready to get back to the classroom! Today I'm working all day; I usually finish at 1.30pm, but I'm covering for another para in the Music class until the end of the day. Jamie's class will be one of the groups, so it'll be fun to see what he's working on in Music! Iain was in San Francisco yesterday, then flew last night to Chicago for a meeting today. He'll be back tonight.
We're starting to think about a few days away for the 4 of us over Spring Break - possibly San Francisco for a long weekend :) We lived in the Bay Area from 1997 - 2002, so it has a special place in our hearts :)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Here are some fun questions that you can answer and share about your name :) Let me know if you play along!
- What's your full name? Toni Armstrong
- What do your parents call you? Mum used to call me Toni, Dad called me "Tone" or "Bones" :)
- What do your grandparents call you? Toni
- What do your friends call you? Toni, Tone, Toners
- Do you like your name? I didn't like it when I was a kid, because I got teased for having a "boy" name (they didn't care that it was spelled differently!). But now I like it because it is so different!
- If you could change your name, would you? I would have probably changed it if I could have before the age of 15, but since that age I've been happy with my name :)
- What would you change it to? N/A
- Do you like pet names (sweetie, honey, babe, etc.)? Iain calls me Beeb, but that's it.
- Does it bother you when people use your middle name? Nope! I don't have a middle name :)
- Who named you? I believe it was mainly my dad's idea...read on...
- Are you named after someone? Well....here's a good one :) Dad got the idea for my name from a Playboy magazine (I guess it must have been right in the middle of one of those articles....). If Dad was around now, I'd ask him what he was thinking??? And I wonder when my mum found out where the idea came from....
Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Written by toners at 7:18 PM
...is SueB!! Congratulations, Sue!! You're the winner of the "Serenity Now" stamp set and the white gel pen :) Email me your info at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll mail your goodies out early in the week!
The final blog candy offering is still up for grabs!! Pull out your cardmaking supplies and play along with Day 5!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
is StampinCathy!! CONGRATS! Your comment was chosen by the random integer generator this morning :)
Here are your random numbers: 31
Timestamp: 2009-01-24 16:38:21 UTC
Email me at email@example.com with your mailing info and I'll get your candy out to you early next week! Yahoooo!
There are still 2 more chances to win - see Day 4 and Day 5 below :) Good luck!!
Written by toners at 9:40 AM
For today's entry, keeping with the "serenity" theme, I'd like you to leave a comment telling me your favorite ways to relax. All entries should be posted before 6am (MST) on Sunday, January 25th. I'll draw a winner that day :)
Enjoy! And....breathe.... :)
Friday, January 23, 2009
And the winner is......DEBBIE!!! This morning I let the random integer generator come up with the number:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:3
Timestamp: 2009-01-23 14:44:42 UTC
Congratulations Debbie! I'll get this set out to you asap :) And remember, you have to show us what you create with the stamps! :)
Day 3's blog candy is in the post below this one - you have until 6am Saturday (MST) to enter! Good luck!
Written by toners at 7:46 AM
Thursday, January 22, 2009
I found a list of 16 random things on Jayne's blog and really enjoyed the "randomness" (is that a real word?) - so here goes:
- When these antibiotics start working, it will be awesome to be able to actually taste my food again!
- When I emptied my vacuum bag at the weekend, there was enough cat/dog fur in there to make another animal! LOL! (and we do vacuum weekly and empty the canister, honest!)
- It felt like Spring here this week - temps in the 50s!
- Jamie and his class went on a field trip to the Stock Show in Denver today - he loved it!
- I'd love to get all the windows on the ground level of our house replaced.
- Sally (our oldest cat, age 9) seems to be doing so much better now that she's getting insulin shots twice a day.
- Iain has been to Phoenix and San Francisco this week.
- It's time to start looking at summer vacation bookings - I think we're going to try to go to Maui this year (the kids loved the Big Island last summer!)
- My grandad will be 97 next month! Way to go, Gramps!
- Nattie's reading the third book of the "Twilight" series :)
- I wish I were a better cook!
- I read this week that George Clooney is shooting some scenes for the last few episodes of "E.R." - yahoo!!
- The Wii is a huge hit in our house - the four of us play tennis almost every night for about 20 minutes!
- Jamie's first grade class took their first "official" weekly spelling test on Monday. He scored 100% and asked me when he'll get to be in the Spelling Bee :)
- If my dad were still alive, he'd be 60.
- I wonder if I will still have freckles when I get older? Or will they fade with age?
Written by toners at 11:19 PM
Check it out! Tracy chose my card (yep, the one with all that pink that I posted on Tuesday!) as the winner for last week's Sketch Challenge on her blog! THANKS, TRACY!! You made my day :)
I finally went to the doctor today and found that I have a sinus infection! Got the antibiotics started this afternoon. Let's hope they kick in quickly....
I'll be back in the morning with Day 3 of Blog Candy - we had tons of entries today! Thanks everyone!
Written by toners at 7:00 PM
I put all the names of the entrants from Day 1 into a hat and had my son Jamie choose one - the winner is Denise! CONGRATS DENISE!! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full mailing address and I'll get your stamps sent out to you :)
Don't forget to enter Day 2 in my post below - there's a great set from The Cat's Pajamas (and some candy!) up for grabs!
And - I'll be back tomorrow with Day 3's goodies, as well as the name of the winner from Day 2!
Written by toners at 7:56 AM
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Hi all!! As promised, I'm going to have 5 days of blog candy this week, leading up to my "Blogoversary" on Sunday, January 25th :) Each day I'll offer some of my favorite goodies and provide the details on what you need to do for a chance to win!
Let's start it off nice and easy for Day 1 - to win the "Call Me" set by My Favorite Things, all you need to do is leave a comment to this post telling me who you'd like to get a phone call from - and why!
Entries will be accepted until 6:00AM (MST) on Thursday, January 22nd. That morning, I'll make a random drawing for the winner of this set :) Enjoy - and good luck!
I'll be back tomorrow with more candy!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Well, I guess it was inevitable...I've caught whatever Jamie had last week. I spent most of yesterday lying on the couch with the blanket - couldn't make my mind up if I was too hot or too cold. Ugh! So, I'm home from work today - and thankful that I worked on my MFT and TCP challenges on Saturday instead of procrastinating like I usually do :) Heading back to the couch now....
Written by toners at 11:48 AM
Monday, January 19, 2009
Written by toners at 12:43 PM
Written by toners at 9:00 AM
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Written by toners at 10:03 AM
Friday, January 16, 2009
Written by toners at 3:16 PM
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Written by toners at 8:05 AM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Hi all! You'll see over on the right that I have a "Blogoversary" coming up in just 11 days! I've decided to do 5 days of blog candy to celebrate, starting on January 21st and finishing on my "Blogoversary", January 25th! Stay tuned for more details :)
Written by toners at 4:36 PM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Written by toners at 7:23 PM
Happy TCP Tuesday! I hope you can play along!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Written by toners at 12:01 AM
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Written by toners at 9:08 AM
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Written by toners at 9:31 PM
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Here's a card I made this past weekend. I used one of my Elzybells stamps; these images are so much fun to color! The sentiment is from a set by Hero Arts. The card is pretty simple, but I think that the patterned paper is so busy that a simple layout definitely works here!
How's your week going so far? The kids and I went back to school/work yesterday. It was tough getting up early again, but at the same time it was nice to get back into our routine. On Tuesday afternoon Iain and I went and ordered a pellet stove to try and heat the main level of our house more efficiently. It'll be delivered and installed on Friday. Our winter so far has been very mild snow-wise, but it was soooo cold out on the playground yesterday - especially when the wind kicked up! The kids kept asking, "Mrs. Armstrong, is it time to go in yet?", which is something I don't hear too often when they're busy playing outside :)
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
For another peek at a creation made with one of the new sets, hop over to Kelli's blog. Then continue on with the blog hop from there! Enjoy!
1. Add the logo to your blog.
2. Link to the person from whom you received this award.
3. Nominate 7 or more blogs.
4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are “One Lovely Blog”
Now to choose 7 blogs to pass this award on to:
Written by toners at 7:35 PM
Monday, January 05, 2009
My Favorite Things will be having the January Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, January 7th from 9-10 p.m. EST. This month there are FOUR new sets being released, including a "Who's that Girl" set that is Maid for You!
Head over to the MFT forum on Splitcoast Stampers to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night!
Written by toners at 12:17 AM
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Written by toners at 9:16 PM