Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wow! Just wow!

Elton John's show was AWESOME! I'm not sure if I can express how much I loved the concert - and Iain did too! We arrived in Las Vegas early on Friday afternoon, and headed straight out to the hotel. We stayed at the J.W. Marriott Resort and it was gorgeous! The room we had was one of the nicest Marriott ones we've stayed in: it had a jacuzzi tub, so Jamie insisted right away that he needed a bath that night :) We had a walk around the hotel, then Iain and Nattie went in the pool for a while (till they got cold!), and I let Jamie play in the tub. We had room service for dinner...and then headed off to Caesar's Palace!

The Colisseum in Caesar's Palace is where the show was being held; we were in the center up in the Mezzanine level. Everyone was so excited! Elton's piano was covered in a big sheet...and then right at 8pm he came out! He was dressed in a black and red suit, covered (Elton-style) in plenty of bling on the collar and up and down the sleeves :) Most of the songs he sang were his older hits: our favorite was near the end of the show: "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" (some audience members from the first few rows even got to go up on the stage and dance next to Elton's piano!). Other songs that really stood out were "Philadelphia Freedom", "Believe", "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and (of course) "Your Song".

One of the best things about the show was listening to Elton talking about the background behind some of the songs, what's going on in the world today, and how much he loves performing. We could see that he is a genuine, good person who simply enjoys life to the fullest and loves to make people happy with his music. What an amazing night. I will never forget it!!


8 comments:

Sherry November 4, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Wow, Elton John ROCKS! Could you take pics... I would love to see them!!

Maureen November 4, 2007 at 2:23 PM  

Cool! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time... My favorite of all time is Your Song. But I also love some of the more obscure ones like Skyline Pigeon and Take Me To the Pilot.

Sues November 4, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

That sounds like it was absolutely awesome!! I'm so glad you had a good time!! What awesome memories you will have the rest of your life!!!

Noelia November 4, 2007 at 5:25 PM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the concert!

Sew Club November 5, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

Sounds like loads of fun!

Juana B. Artist (a.k.a. Karin) November 5, 2007 at 8:58 PM  

I am so jealous, Toni! I LOVE Elton John. I'm glad you had a good time.

Thought you should know, I finally broke down and got that tape gun! Takes a little getting used to, no?

Karin

Jill November 7, 2007 at 3:59 AM  

Sounds like a GREAT time! I had a friend who saw him and was just as impressed!

Janet November 7, 2007 at 7:49 PM  

Wow! What a fantastic time you must have had. I've seen him a couple of times, once with Billy Joel and once on his own. He's the best!! Janet