Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Quote....and a card


Today's Two Peas blog challenge: "Find a quotation that moves you and write it down. Why does it move you?". Here's mine (along with a card I made for a My Favorite Things sketch challenge):


"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." - John Burroughs


This says it all! There are so many days when I feel overwhelmed with all the little things, but this quote tells me that whatever I do or don't do, life is simply too short. And it helps me deal with those things that really aren't such a biggie after all!

8 comments:

Anonymous November 8, 2007 at 5:39 AM  

I totally agree with you on that quote! There just enough time in the day and often I wonder how I would "make the time."

Love your card Toni, this is one of my all time favorite sets from Kim at MFT!!! :)

Lynn November 8, 2007 at 5:53 AM  

What a great quote! It is quite fitting for me. I never seem to have enough time and sometimes I wish I had a magic wand to extend my time.

This card is just wonderful! I love all the great color! Great stamp also. You might get me into stamping if you keep this up, lol

Darcey November 8, 2007 at 7:19 AM  

Love the card!

Linda November 8, 2007 at 7:33 AM  

That is a good quote. I feel that way a lot of the time too. The card is pretty, I like the purple and green together.

Melissa Craig November 8, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

What a great card and a great quote! TFS

Unknown November 8, 2007 at 8:41 AM  

I can soooooooooo relate to that quote! Thanks for sharing it!

Love the card, and that MFT set!

Anonymous November 8, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

Awesome quote!

Jill November 11, 2007 at 7:16 PM  

Interesting - I wouldn't have thought of it that way. It would have just sent me into a tailspin wondering how I could have found more time for the walks and books & thoughts.

Your interpretation is WAY BETTER though!