Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sequins and styrofoam :)

It's been a busy few days around here! On Sunday we were out shopping all day for a loft bed for Jamie...we think we found one but are still trying to convince Jamie that it's a good idea :) Then yesterday Iain and Jamie both weren't feeling too good, so I left them with their runny noses and took advantage of a day to get a head start on some Christmas shopping. It was very productive!

Made a stop at Hobby Lobby and picked up some styrofoam balls, sequins and sequin pins for the kids and I to do our holiday project - we make at least one a year together :) This is the end result of my ornament! I have to say, I'm surprised at how pretty it looks! I hope you're having a great Tuesday!

11 comments:

Sarah Coggins November 27, 2007 at 1:24 PM  

Beautiful ornament! :)

Maureen November 27, 2007 at 2:04 PM  

Awww, so pretty! This reminds me of making those way back when I was young (and that's some time ago!) Hope everyone's feeling better.

Colleen November 27, 2007 at 2:06 PM  

Congrats on getting some shopping done. That ornament is really pretty!

Lynn November 27, 2007 at 2:30 PM  

awww. I hope everyone is feeling better. Its that time of the year that is for sure.
I just love your ornament. Very festive.

Sues November 27, 2007 at 7:15 PM  

Very nice! What a fun project to do with the kids!!!

Anonymous November 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM  

This is GREAT!! I bet it looks AWESOME with the lights hitting it! :)

Lisa November 27, 2007 at 7:45 PM  

How long did it take to make? Did you have to get in the "zen" mode to do it? :)

Lisa

Nancyroo November 28, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

beautiful ornament!

Darcey November 28, 2007 at 10:38 AM  

Cool Ornament! That is great that you do a project with your kids!

Unknown November 28, 2007 at 1:11 PM  

How fun! I miss the days' of when my boys' were young & interested in playing with mommy. I just may have to kidnap my nieces for a Saturday to help me play!

Janet November 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM  

Oh, my gosh...it's gorgeous! Wow...how pretty it must look on your tree, or wherever you hang it! :-) Janet