Monday, November 05, 2007

Two Peas Blog Challenge...


"What is your earliest memory?"

What a great question! My earliest memory is when we moved from Bedfordshire, England up to Dalgety Bay, Scotland in Summer 1977. I was 5 and my sister was 2. I remember saying goodbye to our neighbors and then going to spend a few days with our grandparents in Mansfield before heading up to Scotland. It was Queen Elizabeth's Silver Jubilee year (25 years on the throne) and there were lots of street parties going on throughout the summer.

When we got to our house in Dalgety Bay we were so excited! We had our first phone in this house: a Trimphone (see photo). My parents rented this house and then about 5 years later were able to buy it. Our street was pretty new and there were lots of families with kids moving in around the same time. Our family lived here until the early 90's when mum and my sister moved down to northeast England and I stayed in Edinburgh to finish college. I think after dad died in 1989 we were all ready for a fresh start.

9 comments:

Rachael November 5, 2007 at 7:26 AM  

What a neat memory. It is amazing how far back we can remember!!

Cool phone!

Heather November 5, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

I love those vivid memories stored in the back of our minds.

You won my birthday RAK! Please send me your address so I can send you a present! morganandheather@mac.com

Unknown November 5, 2007 at 8:40 AM  

what a great memory Toni. Love the phone - where did you ever find a pic of it?
It's making my wheels turn to recall my 1st memory.

Maureen November 5, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

Very cool. Love the phone!!!! Can you imagine how much those would be worth today with all the people collecting stuff from that era? Great post.

EquineSpirit November 5, 2007 at 9:53 AM  

Great memory! Way cool!!

Melissa Craig November 5, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

My earliest memory isn't a very pleasant one, so we'll just go with yours! TFS!!

That phone is way cool!!

Glad to hear that a great time was had by all that the Elton John concert.

Lynn November 5, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

That is a lovely memory. It really amazes me at what we remember from childhood.

Sues November 5, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

How great you remember such a good thing!! Where do you find the Two Peas Blog Challenge? I'm interest to have fun with it too! I'll post my memory later on...

Janet November 7, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

What an interesting memory. Isn't it funny how we remember those little details? Great post! :-) Janet