Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Here are a couple of photos from when the kids and I went to Evergreen Lake on Friday morning. There is a trail all around the lake, and the kids had a great time exploring. The photo on the right is of Nattie and her friend Grace. I feel very lucky to have this beautiful lake just 20 minutes from my house!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Hi everyone, it's my turn to host TCP Tuesday this week, and I have a great photo for our Inspiration Challenge :) Doesn't that look perfect for a hot, summer day? Yesterday in Conifer we were in the mid-70s - I think that's the warmest we've been all year!
It's pretty easy to play along for the Inspiration Challenge: just look at the photo, and use whatever elements of the photo jump out at you: the objects, the colors, the mood - anything you like! Perhaps you should pour yourself a nice cold drink and get inspired to play along... :)
- Each Tuesday, one of the DT Members from The Cat's Pajamas will host a challenge.
- The challenges will vary (stamp, color, sketch, inspiration).
- You will have until this Saturday night (June 27) to complete the challenge.
- Link your project in comments to the hostess' challenge announcement.
- TCP stamps are not required, but of course, are highly encouraged.
- There will be one winner each month. They will be deemed that month's Swankiest Stamper and get $25 in Cat Cash (to spend on the TCP website!).
- When uploading to SCS, please use the keyword TCPTUES64 for this week's challenge.
- Alma will post the entries for that week each Monday on her blog for "Holey Moley Monday".
- The newly-crowned Swanky Stamper will be announced on the first of the month and will have his/her winning entry posted on The Cat's Pajamas website where he/she will reign for the entire month.
- Oh - HAVE FUN!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Here's a quiz I found on Patti's blog :) Feel free to play along!
- What is your current obsession? Trying to squeeze in more reading time this summer!
- What is your weirdest obsession? Not liking it when my foods on a plate touch each other :)
- What are you wearing today? Right now, jammies (it's just after midnight here).
- What would you eat for your last meal? Chicken tikka masala (curry) with rice.
- What's the last thing you bought? Groceries at Safeway.
- What are you listening to now? Nothing. The house is silent!
- What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla.
- If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere right on the beach :)
- If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Alaska.
- Which language would you want to learn? I studied French, German and Spanish at high school and college, so I'd just like to get better at them! I've forgotten a lot of it...
- What's your favorite quote (for now)? There's always a light at the end of the tunnel.
- What's your favorite color? Blue!
- What is your favorite time of day? I like it on days when I'm up first - doesn't happen often during summer break, though!
- What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe? Jammies :)
- What is your dream job? Hmmmm - not sure! I think I have a great balance right now with my para job at Jamie's school and my DT work!
- What's your favorite magazine? Oprah and Real Simple
- If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? I'd split it evenly between myself, Iain, Nattie and Jamie. Each of us could do what we want with our $25. I'd spend mine at Barnes & Noble.
- Do you admire anyone's style? There are too many to list - tons of inspirational stampers out there!
- Describe your personal style...Simple and clean (most of the time) with a little "something".
- What are you going to do after this? Work on my school paper and then go to bed!
- What are your favorite movies? Thomas Crown Affair, Perfect Storm, Good Will Hunting
- What's your favorite fruit? Strawberries.
- What inspires you? My kids, and other crafters.
- Do you collect something? Stamps, patterned paper, cardstock, the list goes on...
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thank you, Tracy - for naming me the Featured Sketch Artist for the last sketch challenge! I am thrilled - you made my day! Gotta love that Poochie stamp :D
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Hop over to Kristin's blog to find out who is the first Featured Stamper for Artful INKables :) There are also details on how you can be a Featured Stamper and a sneak peek of a Twilight-related "Into the Moonlight" set. We'll also be having another blog hop this coming Friday (June 19th)!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Hi all :) I hope you're having a great weekend! We picked up Nattie from camp yesterday; she had a terrific time, tried some new activities, and made some new friends. We had a picnic lunch, saw a slideshow of all the photos taken throughout the week, and then checked out posters the kids had made to show one thing they learned about. The stormy weather didn't hold up their activities too much, either, which is good :)
The layout for today's card is from the Card Positioning Systems blog. The stamps (log and bear) are from the "Happy Camper" set from The Cat's Pajamas, and so are the ribbon and buttons. I cut out the regular and scalloped ovals using my Nestabilities dies, then stamped the log on brown patterned paper (all from Cosmo Cricket's "Mr. Campy" line), cut it out and attached it. I stamped the bear on white paper, colored it in and cut it out before standing him on the log. This card measures 7" x 3.5".
Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
I wanted to let you know that one of my cards is featured today on the blog for Lizzie Anne Designs. Debbie found my card in the gallery on Splitcoast Stampers and asked if they could use it today on the LAD blog. Here's a link!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
With Father's Day approaching, I thought I'd post a card to go with the occasion. This stamp is called "Star Dad" and it's by American Art Stamps. I used patterned paper from DCWV's "Tahiti Beach" stack; I love the colors in that pack!
On Monday night I had dinner with one of the teachers from school; it was great to just hang out and chat for longer than the 5 fleeting minutes we usually get at school! Iain dropped Nattie off for her Wildlife Biology camp on Monday morning, and late that night he left for a business trip until Thursday, so it's just Jamie and I for a few days! Things are very quiet around here...