Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's the weekend!


This was a long week, it seemed - even though the kids and I didn't start back at school till Tuesday! I guess it just takes a while to get back into the routine :)
We got several inches of snow yesterday! It looks so pretty out there, and we really need the moisture. This winter has been very dry here in the mountains!
Any weekend plans for you? I'm going out to a meeting this morning about the budgets in our school district; unfortunately a couple of measures did not pass in the recent election, and the schools are having to make decisions about where to cut costs. As you can imagine, it can be quite a heated topic.
Yesterday I went to an assembly at Nattie's school; they had a special presentation for the kids who made gold, silver and bronze honor roll last quarter. Nattie had such a proud look on her face up on the stage :) She has worked very hard so far in middle school!
Today's card is another one made with an Elzybells stamp. I love coloring these images! I found this fun patterned paper from the Blue Cardigan collection by Creative Imaginations - love it! The hearts on the bottom half of the card are actually cut out from scraps of another sheet of paper. I think it worked out really nicely! Have a super weekend!

5 comments:

:Jayne January 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Your cards are always so beautiful!

Anonymous January 11, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

this is so cute, i LOVE the ribbon!!

Janet January 11, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Congrats to your DD on that wonderful achievement!

It was a long week here, too, and a busy weekend! We are in for more snow tomorrow...maybe it's leftover snow coming from Colorado! It's very pretty. We have about 8 inches on the ground now.

Great idea to cut those hearts from pp! They look like die-cuts!

Anonymous January 11, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

What a beautiful card Toni! Great choice of colours!

I also wanted to let you know that I've left you a little something over on my blog too!

Heather January 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

That is a cute little image. I love the heart paper you used on the card. Your cards are always adorable!