Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dare to be Different!


This is another Stamping Bella image that reminded me of Nattie when I saw it on their website - not just the image, but also the sentiment :) Nattie is very much an individual in the way that she dresses, which I think is pretty cool! She isn't afraid to wear exactly what she thinks looks fun, and doesn't bother what others think. Long may that confidence continue! :)

My week is going well so far back at school. I was wiped out on Monday after my first day back; I should probably have taken one more day, but I was ready to get back to the classroom! Today I'm working all day; I usually finish at 1.30pm, but I'm covering for another para in the Music class until the end of the day. Jamie's class will be one of the groups, so it'll be fun to see what he's working on in Music! Iain was in San Francisco yesterday, then flew last night to Chicago for a meeting today. He'll be back tonight.

We're starting to think about a few days away for the 4 of us over Spring Break - possibly San Francisco for a long weekend :) We lived in the Bay Area from 1997 - 2002, so it has a special place in our hearts :)

17 comments:

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Good for Nattie!!! Love the card :)

Stephanie January 28, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Ha Ha! I've not seen this Stamping Bella image. She's so cute!! I love the DP and sentiment!

Linda January 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

This is adorable! I need to check out the new stamps. And I found the blog template at http://lenatoewsdesigns.blogspot.com/

Janet January 28, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

What a fun stamp! Love the design of the card, Toni!

Tracey January 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

I love everything about the card Toni!! Fantastic!!

Debbie January 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

Cute card! SF would be great fun, if you need ideas my Mom has a book of lesser know places to see in the Bay Area.

Ryzmomplus2 January 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Cute card! I haven't been to SF in years, but have family there (just outside SF)and hope to get back soon!

StampinCathy January 29, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

OMGosh! This is just adorable. I love this stamp. Love the colors and layout. Very inspiring card. Also I wanted to let you know that my fun package arrived safe and sound. Thanks for letting me play along.

emily January 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

This is such a cute card. And what a GREAT message!

SueB January 29, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

SO STINKIN' CUTE - TFS - and so coincidental - the stamp made me think of my niece Jessy who leans towards goth style ... and when I ret'd to work after my babies were in school I looked first for a parapro job - I'd assisted in special ed classes, scout troop, homeroom mom, and my eldest is Downs so I thot it a perfect fit (that and summers off!) but after not landing a couple apps I landed the gig I'm in now (15 yrs this month, wow! how time flies when you're having fun!).

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

This is such a cool card! I love all of the brads and the colors are awesome!!

jillconyers January 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

This card reminds me so much of my daughter :)

Darcey January 30, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

There is something on my blog for you! Have a great weekend.

Unknown January 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I think a "long" weekend with you, Sue & me this summer in Chicago sounds like a real winner too!

Linda January 30, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Back again. I left you something on my blog.

Sues January 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Great card - does remind me so much of Nattie!!! I bet she loved it! You got some great stamps, didn't you??!!

Lisa Foster January 31, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

This is too cool! I love it!