Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's in a name?

Here are some fun questions that you can answer and share about your name :) Let me know if you play along!

  1. What's your full name? Toni Armstrong
  2. What do your parents call you? Mum used to call me Toni, Dad called me "Tone" or "Bones" :)
  3. What do your grandparents call you? Toni
  4. What do your friends call you? Toni, Tone, Toners
  5. Do you like your name? I didn't like it when I was a kid, because I got teased for having a "boy" name (they didn't care that it was spelled differently!). But now I like it because it is so different!
  6. If you could change your name, would you? I would have probably changed it if I could have before the age of 15, but since that age I've been happy with my name :)
  7. What would you change it to? N/A
  8. Do you like pet names (sweetie, honey, babe, etc.)? Iain calls me Beeb, but that's it.
  9. Does it bother you when people use your middle name? Nope! I don't have a middle name :)
  10. Who named you? I believe it was mainly my dad's idea...read on...
  11. Are you named after someone? Well....here's a good one :) Dad got the idea for my name from a Playboy magazine (I guess it must have been right in the middle of one of those articles....). If Dad was around now, I'd ask him what he was thinking??? And I wonder when my mum found out where the idea came from....

8 comments:

Heather January 28, 2009 at 5:36 AM  

LOL @ where your name came from!!! I was named after the main character in "The Flame & the Flower", which apparently was scandalous back in the 70's. When I found out I was named after a character in a book, I couldn't to read it. My mom nearly stroked out when I wanted to read it. Of course, I was only around ten at the time. LOL!

jillconyers January 28, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

A playboy magazine?!? How funny!

Linda January 28, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

I'm lol about the Playboy magazine, too funny!

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

so cute!!! at least someone reads the articles :)

Stephanie January 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Don't you love dad's. Mine gave me his prom date's name. Thanks for the name game to play along with!

Janet January 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

What a fun series of questions! Fun story behind your name! :-)

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Thanks for sharing Toni! I'm going to play along in a post tomorrow!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings January 29, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

OMG! That is SO funny! I love it. I got named "Denise" just so my mom could call me "Deedee", which was my nickname for my first 14 years or so, then shortened to "Dee" for high school, then back to "Denise" when I 'grew up'. I was almost a Pamela...and now I'm told I don't look like a "Denise" and I get called Kim, Debbie, Diane, etc......