Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Things

I found a list of 16 random things on Jayne's blog and really enjoyed the "randomness" (is that a real word?) - so here goes:

  1. When these antibiotics start working, it will be awesome to be able to actually taste my food again!
  2. When I emptied my vacuum bag at the weekend, there was enough cat/dog fur in there to make another animal! LOL! (and we do vacuum weekly and empty the canister, honest!)
  3. It felt like Spring here this week - temps in the 50s!
  4. Jamie and his class went on a field trip to the Stock Show in Denver today - he loved it!
  5. I'd love to get all the windows on the ground level of our house replaced.
  6. Sally (our oldest cat, age 9) seems to be doing so much better now that she's getting insulin shots twice a day.
  7. Iain has been to Phoenix and San Francisco this week.
  8. It's time to start looking at summer vacation bookings - I think we're going to try to go to Maui this year (the kids loved the Big Island last summer!)
  9. My grandad will be 97 next month! Way to go, Gramps!
  10. Nattie's reading the third book of the "Twilight" series :)
  11. I wish I were a better cook!
  12. I read this week that George Clooney is shooting some scenes for the last few episodes of "E.R." - yahoo!!
  13. The Wii is a huge hit in our house - the four of us play tennis almost every night for about 20 minutes!
  14. Jamie's first grade class took their first "official" weekly spelling test on Monday. He scored 100% and asked me when he'll get to be in the Spelling Bee :)
  15. If my dad were still alive, he'd be 60.
  16. I wonder if I will still have freckles when I get older? Or will they fade with age?

3 comments:

Linda January 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

I enjoyed reading your list. I agree with #11. I think I am slowly getting better or at least I hope so. :) I hope you are feeling better soon.

:Jayne January 23, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

I love your list too! Wasn't it fun! I may do one monthly to put in with my yearly scrapbook.

Sues January 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Those are some random things alright!! Melanie is reading that same book as Nattie... she loves this series!