Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ruff Day? Yes, for Jamie...


This is a card I made for Tracy's Sketch Challenge for this week :) The stamps are a couple of my favorites by The Cat's Pajamas: "Poochie on Crutches" and "Ruff Day?" - aren't they fun? The patterned paper is by Daisy Bucket, and the ovals are Nestabilities dies.
We had a bit of a "Ruff Day" yesterday; Jamie had an upset stomach from Sunday night through Monday afternoon, but he seemed OK otherwise. On Monday night, though, he woke up around midnight saying that his ear hurt, so I put some drops in his ear and gave him some Tylenol at that point and then again in the morning. I called the doctor and got an appointment for 2pm, and of course by noon he was saying he felt all better...Iain and I decided it was still worth getting him checked out anyway - and I'm glad I did, because it turns out he has a really bad ear infection! The doctor thinks he was probably just feeling better because the pressure is worse when they're lying down, and also the effects of the drops were probably still there. Poor little guy! At least we have the antibiotics now, though, so it won't take long for them to kick in.

13 comments:

jillconyers June 17, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

Toni I envy all of your creative time. The "ruff" day made me chuckle :)

Hope Jamie is better soon.

Sarah Coggins June 17, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

Beautiful card! I love the stitching on the frame. Hope Jamie is feeling better today. Smart mom & dad to take him to the Dr just in case. :)

Unknown June 17, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Glad Jamie is doing better - Shaun was one never to show an ear infection easily either.
Love the card & the stitching on the frame - TOO cute!

Janet June 17, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Oh, that's too bad! It's no fun to be sick, esp. during summer vacation. The card is adorable! I love how you did the stitching!

Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

{{BIG HUGS}} for Jamie (and his mom)!! Sick kiddos are the pits, hope he is better soon :)
LOVE THE CARD ;)

Linda June 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Pretty card. I hope Jamie is feeling better soon.

Kerri June 17, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Awww, I hope he feels better soon! I love the dp you used on this card!

Elena June 17, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

Oh, no... I am so sorry to hear this Toni... Hope that Jamie will fell better soon!
Your card is so adorable! Your stitching is awesome!

Maureen June 17, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Aw poor Jamie; hope he's feeling better now! Wonderful card, love the stitching!

Carol June 18, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

HOW SIMPLY AWESOME, Toni!!! the stitching is a great idea - looks GREAT and goes so well with your "get well" theme :) - great colors and very nice paper combo!

Unknown June 19, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Love the stitching on this card! wow!

Andrea Walford June 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Beautifully done! Love your stitched card!

Linda Beeson June 19, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

That image is just so sweet and really the perfect way to wish someone some get well wishes.