Saturday, December 12, 2009

I made it...

The first two days in my new job were hard work, but great fun :) I am very lucky to have an overlap of 7 working days with the current secretary, and she is an excellent teacher. On the first day, I shadowed Kathleen, and yesterday we switched so that I'm now doing the job and she's there to guide me. All of the staff and students have been very supportive, and Jamie and I decided we'll have a lunch date every Wednesday :) It's strange being in the school at 7.30am - very, very quiet! Last night we had the staff holiday party which was great fun. Whatever you're up to, have a super weekend!

6 comments:

Karrie Baker December 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

I hope you have a super weekend as well!! :)

Lisa December 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Happy to hear things are going is a good direction.

Lisa

Debbie December 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

And soon you will have a long break. That's a good start to a new job. Will you be working during summer?

Janet December 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Excellent! Hope the new job goes great for you, Toni!

Sues December 14, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Sounds great - good luck in your new position! You'll do great - everyone loves you!

Unknown December 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

We start classes at 7:30 - but it's still quiet then because teenagers don't start truly waking up til after 9!
Enjoy this time - you are gonna be awesome!!!