Friday, October 16, 2009

Featured Blogger Friday!!




I'm back with another Featured Blogger for you :) This week's blogger is Tracy Clemente - a super-creative lady and a super blogging friend. Check out Tracy's blog, "Eat, Sleep, Stamp" right here. And here's some more information about Tracy (and a sample of her beautiful work!):

Tell us a little about you:

I was born and raised in Northern California. I currently live in the Bay Area - the best place ever! By day I work in human resources for a high tech company in the Silicon Valley managing employee benefit programs. And when I'm not spending time with the family you can find me huddled away in my stamp room getting crafty. My husband and I have been together for 12 years and we have a 7 year old daughter who is our world. We also share our home with 3 very spoiled kitties and any other kitties that seem to gravitate to our house! I am also a Step Mom to 2 wonderful (grown kids) and a Grandma to 2 amazing little boys!

How long have you been blogging?

I began blogging in early 2007 after stumbling across Amy Rysavy's blog. I'm consider myself technically challenge so it's kind of comical to me that I even have one!

Why do you blog?

That's a really good question. One that I ask myself often, like when I'm behind on my ever growing TO DO list! LOL! But seriously, I blog because it's an extension of my passion for stamping and a way to connect with others that are just as passionate. I have met so many *amazing* women as a result. And some actually in real life! The world truly is such a small place.

What’s your favorite topic to blog about?

Everything crafty! But I do also love to talk about my family & kitties. :)

Have you learned anything special from blogging?

That there are A LOT of good people out there. I have had a few bumps in the road since I began blogging and the unconditional support and random acts of kindness that I have received is such a special and unexpected gift. While I try to keep my blog mostly about my passion for stamping, I have to be honest when my life happens. I can't tell you how many times someone has left me a comment or sent me an email that has truly made my day or gotten me through a dark time. My family isn't terribly large so my extended family of friends is HUGE for me.

What do you hope that people get out of reading your blog?

You mean people actually read the darn thing? Just kidding! Well hopefully they get my sense of humor! But seriously I hope that they get a little bit of inspiration and a lot of friendship!

Can you give us links to 3 of your favorite blogs, and tell us what you like about them?

The hardest question for last! There are literally dozens that I pour through on a daily/weekly basis the I get inspiration from. Three that I visit every morning (with my coffee) are:

I {heart} 2 stamp - Jen del Muro
Wild Stamping Sprinkles - Tori Wild
Taylored Expressions - Taylor VanBruggen

I am completely in awe of each of these artists.

I am drawn to Jen's clean style and flair. Every time I see her work I'm like WOW, I never would have thunk to do that!

Tori is the queen of color. All of her cards have such a fun use of color. I am lucky enough to be on a design team with Tori and she just knows how to work a card. Oh and it's because of her that I own almost every Nest-ability out there!

And Taylor. Taylor is just amazing. She has a simple & clean style that I just love. And when my mojo isn't cooperating I can always turn to her wonderful Key Ingredients kits to help me along.

6 comments:

Tami October 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

What a great write up about Tracy girl and I love your blog. Both of your blogs are totally awesome and you two women make such beautiful cards. I enjoyed reading this and catching up on your blog. thanks so much for the inspiration.

Teresa Kline October 16, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

what a great idea, it was lots of fun to read about the featured Blogger, I am off to check out her blog....have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

Nancy October 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Tracy is one of my favorite bloggers & very special friends! I'm so happy she is your "Featured Blogger" this week. This is a great little interview. You have amazing talent Tracy girl!

Carol October 17, 2009 at 3:39 AM  

Toni, thanks for spot lighting Tracy C. - learned a little bit more about this creative lady! FUN!

Tracy October 17, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Thank you Toni for this amazing opportunity. I had a lot of fun with it. And thank you to my gals for their sweet comments!! HUGS!!

Anonymous October 17, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

Tracy is an amazing papercrafter, person and friend!!! I loved this feature that you have on Tracy, Toni....thank you!! Tinla