Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The patient


Here's Tasha, complete with Elizabethan collar :) I had to take photos to send one to Iain (he won't be home until Friday), so I figured I'd post one here (ssssh! Don't tell Tasha!).
Thank you for all your good wishes...this was the first time we boarded Tasha at this particular place; the one we usually send her to was fully booked for Spring Break. My goal yesterday was to get Tasha sorted out and comfortable and on the road to recovery. Today my head is in a better place; I have a call in to the facility to tell them exactly what I think of the care Tasha did (or didn't) receive during her 5 days there, and to see if they are going to take any responsibility for what happened.
The more I think about it, I realize that either the dogs were not supervised properly, or the dogs were supervised and the owners just chose not to tell us about the bites. Neither of these situations is acceptable.

11 comments:

Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

poor dog :(

Sues April 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

Oh poor Tasha. I can't wait to hear the explanation. If you're not satisfied, who can you report them to?

KarenSue April 8, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

poor baby, hope she gets better fast!

Doris April 9, 2009 at 3:10 AM  

Fast healing wishes to Tasha. She reminds me of our dog Kelly, who was with us 17 years. Love your blog! (BTW, my maiden name is Mac Kenzie.)

Sarah Coggins April 9, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Poor sweet Tasha! How terrible the people at that place did not properly monitor the dogs. So glad Tasha is home now and on the way to healing. Prayers she's 100% very soon.

Elena April 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Get well soon, Tasha!

Velta April 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Toni...my heart goes out to you...I adore my dog/baby...and this is the most adorable baby...Thinking of you and your precious Tasha :)

Debbie April 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Did you tell your vet which place it was that allowed this to happen? I can't believe she would have gotten bites without someone at the kennel noticing. I can see something like this happening when lots of dogs are around but they should have told you. And they should be paying your vet bills, IMHO!

Lisa Foster April 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Porr Tasha! I hope she's feeling better! {HUGS to Tasha}
Lisa

Linda Nicholson April 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Poor baby! Hope she starts feeling better soon. I bet she's hating the collar (but loving all the attention from mom)!

Linda

Janet April 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Totally agree. That never should have happened, whatever the circumstances. At a minimum, they should have told you about it immediately!