Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Busy week!

It's been a busy week here since we got our power back on Monday. I've been playing catch-up with school and housework (ugh!), and then on Tuesday evening we had our "Showcase" (open house) at school. I was on the committee that organized the event, and it went very well. It was originally planned for last week, but was postponed when the big snowstorm headed our way. Lots of new kindergarten families came along to meet the staff and have a look around the school, and the evening is also a big social event for current families :)

And this evening I went to a reception for the "Values Awards" recipients for Jefferson County Public Schools employees. There were 660 of us (there are over 12,000 school employees in JeffCo), and the whole event was very well done. Myself and 2 others from our school attended and received awards (mine was for teamwork) :) Even though this is just my first year working at the school, I have to say I love my job! I am lucky to work with such a super group of students and staff every day, and to be able to have the flexibility to be home with Nattie and Jamie when they leave and when they get home from school every day.

I'll be back tomorrow to post my TCP Tuesday and Seasoned CJ Survivors Challenge cards :) Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Heather April 23, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

Congrats on your award!

Sarah Coggins April 23, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Sounds like a wonderful job! Congrats on the award!! :)

Elena April 24, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

Glad to hear that things are going back to normal!

Linda April 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Congrats on your award!