Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Hello There!


I hope your week is going well so far :) Today's card is made with some stamps I've had for a while - they just hadn't been inked up yet. I played with them a little this weekend, though! The taxi and crocodile images are made by Doodle Factory - I got them at Starving Artist Stamps after seeing them on Ana's blog. Lots of fun for coloring and paper piecing! And the "Hello There!" sentiment is by The Cat's Pajamas :)
Yesterday I went to the first of 3 training sessions to become the school's assessment coordinator...it was a little overwhelming, but it'll work out! The principal wanted someone detail-oriented - and that's me, for sure! I'm thinking it'll mean a lot of extra hours for me around state testing time in March...
Yesterday we had quite the wildlife viewing session here - in the space of one hour we saw a fox, a coyote (the first I've seen here!) and then a huge bull elk! The elk was in the fenced-in part of our yard, and I couldn't believe that he could jump the fence, but when he spotted us looking out the window at him, he showed us just how to clear a 6-foot fence from a standing position! Just a gorgeous animal!

7 comments:

Lily October 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

this one gave me a giggle!

Linda October 8, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

This is too cute, love those stamps. The elk must have been amazing!

Sarah Coggins October 8, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

What fun! I love the bright colors. That croc in the taxi cracks me up. :D

Your yard is more fun than a zoo. :) Good luck with the training! I'm sure you will do great.

emily October 8, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

You see such amazing sights where you live! BTW... I passed along a challenge to you on my blog and tagged you!

Sues October 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

This is really cute!!!

Maureen October 8, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Wow, your wildlife visitors are awesome.

I saw a racoon in our yard the other day... I know, kinda lame compared to an Elk, but it was the first racoon we've ever had!

Janet October 10, 2008 at 6:28 AM  

Such a cute card! The colors a perfect for that stamp!

I can't believe all the critters you have in your yard. I wonder what Lily and Tinsel would do if they saw something bigger than themselves in our yard! They're used to birds but an elk would probably terrify them!
How do your animals react?