Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday afternoon visitor :)


This big guy came by this afternoon while I was working on my paper for school...he just wandered up the driveway, hung out in the front yard, ate some grass and weeds, and wandered off into the trees :)


And, you were right, "Kung Fu Panda" wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be :) The kids both really liked it; Jamie was engrossed the whole time with all the kung fu action going on. Afterwards we did some shopping for the goodie bag swap we're doing in CA next week, did a quick stop at Barnes and Noble, and headed home.


What are your weekend plans? Iain gets back from Brazil tomorrow morning (it's been a long week!). Nattie is going to a day-long babysitting class in Evergreen, and I have a haircut appointment later in the afternoon. So it'll be a "mixed bag" kind of day. Have a great one, whatever you're up to!

8 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 June 14, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

I cannot believe the cool stuff you have coming to visit you in your yard! Wasn't so sure about that movie, though with the kids bigger they didn't ask about it?

Jenna June 14, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

Ahhh that is so very awesome. You have the best backyard ever! And I LOVE your card from yesterday... cant wait to see what you do with the giraffe- they're my fave!

Anonymous June 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

They make great burgers!

emily June 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

He's amazing...what a study break that sight is! I have always wanted to see one one my rides to N.Maine. Hope you had a nice weekend!

Lindsay Spencer June 15, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

That is so cool! You are so lucky to see those things all the time. I love nature, don't you?

Linda June 16, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

He is beautiful! The other day we had a fawn wander into our yard, so cute. One of the fun things about living in the country.

Darcey June 17, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

WOW! What a cool visitor. How exciting to see that in your yard.

Janet June 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Ok, Toni -- Here's an ignorant question...What is he?? So many of these antlered creatures look the same to me! LOL