Monday, March 10, 2008

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?



Nope - it's a scrapbook page! Wow - I can't remember the last time I made a scrapbook layout. How sad is that? Anyway, one of the Queen Kat Designs DT members challenged us to use stamps on a scrapbook page, and this is my result. I used a set called "Funky Flowers", stamped them in various shades of brown, cut them out and punched some holes to add more dimension to the flowers. I then touched them up a little with my Signo white gel pen (one of my favorite tools!). The journaling block is also a stamp - it's called Dot Journaling Block. I'm not sure if you can see it from the photo, but the "vine" that the flowers are attached to is made from braided ribbon :)



Took the kiddos to the pediatrician today - turns out that Jamie has strep throat! Glad I made the decision to get them checked out. Nattie just has a cold; she tested negative for strep and is excited to (hopefully) go back to school tomorrow. Jamie has to wait until at least Wednesday so that his antibiotics can kick in. Fingers crossed for a super-speedy recovery! Especially since it's his birthday on Wednesday!!!

9 comments:

Heather Bares March 11, 2008 at 5:38 AM  

love the layout!!! I tagged you on my blog, check it out for the details!

Tanis March 11, 2008 at 7:04 AM  

This is great! Love the colours...hope Jamie gets better quick!

Heather March 11, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

I love the idea of braiding ribbons. I might have to borrow that! Sorry to hear the kids are sick. Maybe they will be well soon!

Gabrielle March 11, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Great LO! Love the neutrals! :)

Colleen March 11, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

Gorgeous! Love how you used the stamps on this!

Lindsay Spencer March 11, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

I reallly love this layout. The way you used the flowers is great. I am going to have to scrap lift that idea.

Darcey March 11, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

Cool Layout! Hope the kids are feeling better today.

Sues March 11, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

Awesome! I want to do that too!

Unknown March 12, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

This is a great page - you need to do it more often!!! Shame on you :) JK!
Hope the kiddies are doing better soon.