Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A simple "hi" and a busy Wednesday!

Here's another project that I did this month for my Creative Cuts and More DT Assignment. I had to use a flower die cut in half, as well as the antique label. I thought it would be fun to have them cut from the velvet paper to play with that effect, and I really like the way it turned out! The rest of the card is Bazzill Smoothies cardstock and sticker letters from KI Memories.

Quite a busy Wednesday ahead: in the morning I'm going to Denver to see the pulmonologist to find out if I have to continue using the oxygen tank at night (fingers crossed!), then I have to be back in Conifer by 1pm for the Mountain Area Spelling Bee! Once again Nattie has studied very hard. She and the other two kids representing their school are pretty nervous, but I think they'll all do a fantastic job :) Oh - and if I have time, I'll make a pit stop at Target to pick up "Michael Clayton" on DVD!

The weather here was beautiful today! We went over 40 degrees! Woo hoo! Have a terrific Wednesday, everyone - and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Lynn February 20, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

Great card Toni. Love the color combo.

I hope everything goes well at the dr. today. Keeping my fingers crossed also.

I'm going to be rooting for Nattie. I'm sure they are all going to do well.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Tanis February 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

I love this one...it IS a great colour combo!!
Have a great day, and hopefully you'll come home independent of "the tank"!!

Linda February 20, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Great color combo on the card, so fresh. Good luck to you and to Nattie.

Unknown February 20, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

This one just makes me smile!!! Here's good thoughts to Nattie & schoolmates for a job well done @ the spelling bee!!!
Did I ever tell you I took 2nd in my 3rd grade school wide spelling bee? :)

Nancyroo February 20, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

love the colors on this- the brown is so rich!

Aimeslee Winans February 20, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

Love the card! Good luck at the doc's and good luck to your DD too!

Colleen February 20, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Love the colours in this! Great!

Sues February 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

So different than your norm, but I love it!!!

Linda Nicholson February 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE IT! Such a fresh color combo (lemon/lime) plus the addition of that velvet paper just make this a stunning piece! Terry is gonna love it!

Linda

Linda Nicholson February 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

Oh...and tell Nattie that I'm pulling for her! I know that she'll do fabulous as she has been working so hard.

Good luck on getting off the oxygen too!

Linda

Sarah Coggins February 21, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

What a cute card! :) Looks like we were both on the "hi" creative brain wave.

Hope all went well at the doctor's appt and for Nattie with the spelling bee!

Maureen February 21, 2008 at 8:06 AM  

Good luck today, Toni... love the card. Great idea to cut the flower in half!

Janet February 21, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

Ooooo...love that velvet paper! I'm really enjoying the Smoothies right now, too. Never thought I'd like smooth cardstock after all the Bazzill textures, but it's a nice change!

Anonymous February 22, 2008 at 3:18 AM  

What a wonderfully striking card - I just love this colour combination!