Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday ramblings :)

Here's another card made with that adorable octopus from A Muse :) He's so sweet! I really like the color combo on here - nice and bright!

Nattie made it to the 4th round out of 6 in the Mountain Area Spelling Bee yesterday. There were kids there from all the local elementary schools as well as 6th, 7th and 8th graders from the middle school hosting the Bee! The words were tough right from the start and we were very proud of Nattie and her classmates :) In fact, the boy who won the Bee at Nattie's school won yesterday's Bee too - he beat out all those "big kids"! All of us supporters were thrilled!

My visit to the pulmonologist went pretty well; I still have "the tank" at home and he wants me to continue to use the oxygen at night until he can get a little machine up here to Conifer and get my night oxygen levels (while on room air) measured properly. If all goes well then we can get rid of "the tank" at that point. He's also still a little concerned about my sleep apnea and allergies that might be decreasing my oxygen intake, so he wants me to have a CT scan of my sinus area and do another sleep study. Geez! Will it ever end??? Better to have this stuff checked out though, right?

I'm back in online classes this week for the first time since before the holidays. My brain is not adjusting too well to having to do all this studying again! LOL! My class is "Cultural Diversity in Criminal Justice", so I think it will turn out to be quite interesting. I've promised myself that if I make a start on the research for a paper that's due on Monday then I can go upstairs and stamp for the rest of the day - that's a good deal, right? :) So have a great Thursday, everyone - and as always, thanks for stopping by!











7 comments:

Anonymous February 21, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

That is the cutest card! I love it! And your class does sound very interesting... much good luck with it.

Janet February 21, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

What a cute little card! Love the saying! That class should be very interesting. I actually used to facilitate cultural diversity awareness classes when I worked in corporate training. It's one of my favorite topics! Enjoy! Janet

Carla February 21, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Hi Toni! This card is adorable, and the colors are a breath of fresh air, which is what we all need this time of year!! Hey, I don't know all the deets about your health, just wanted to LYK that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how miserable the tanks can be-hope you get off it soon!

jillconyers February 22, 2008 at 3:45 AM  

Congrats to the speller in the family. 4 of 6...that is awesome!

Hope you're done with the tank soon. And yes...it is good to get things checked out!

Benita February 22, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

Congrats to Nattie on the spelling bee....that's awesome! I love the card, too! Hope you're feeling better real soon!

Linda Nicholson February 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Congratulate Nattie on a job well done. I bet you're one proud mama!

What a cutie patootie card! It's so bright and cheery...sure to bring a smile to whomever receives it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all of your tests come back well. It IS good to get things checked out rather than put them off.

Linda

Aimeslee Winans February 26, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Oh lordie, I don't know about all that medical stuff. I hope you aren't getting stuck with more stuff done to pad their wallets. Hope it's all to find a solution for you.