Sunday, September 02, 2007

Simple Sunday card :)

Been spending some time stamping this weekend! I really like this card - it's nice and simple! Patterned paper from 7 gypsies and stamp by Stampendous! Then I used my Prismacolor pencils + Gamsol to add some color. I think that the blue around the edge of the image makes it look a lot more realistic; better than having the flower floating on the cardstock. I used pop dots to make the whole panel stand out from the card front, and also on a second image of the flower :)

We have had a whole weekend of doing.....nothing much! Iain always takes a couple of days to recover from jetlag after a S. America trip, and Jamie isn't feeling too hot today, so we are taking it easy. Tomorrow will be busier - we have the neighbors coming round for drinks and appetizers!

Have a great long weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous September 2, 2007 at 4:48 PM  

I just absolutely love this card!

Anonymous September 2, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Nice card Toni!! I know what you mean about doing nothing, everyone over here has been doing the same thing! LOL

Jill September 2, 2007 at 10:18 PM  

SOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty! The background is so neat and I love the flower petals!!!

Debbi September 3, 2007 at 8:17 AM  

LOVe the card. The colors are great

Rachael September 3, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

Beautiful!! Love the coloring!!

A weekend of nothing, isn't that nice?

Kimberly September 4, 2007 at 6:50 AM  

LOVE LOVE your card!

dasimonds September 4, 2007 at 10:58 PM  

This card is so very Pretty..Nice background..beautiful flower.
Love the coloring !!

Heather September 5, 2007 at 7:31 AM  

I love all these cards you've been sharing. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

EquineSpirit September 6, 2007 at 8:20 PM  

Wow! Gorgeous card!!