Friday, August 31, 2007

What's New, Pussycat? Welcome Ana and Leigh!

Ana and Leigh have both joined the amazing DT at The Cat's Pajamas! Their work is absolutely beautiful: check out Ana's blog here and Leigh's blog here, and I'm sure you'll agree. Please join me in welcoming them to the team!


Today I made this card with stamps from two companies: the stamp of the girl on the chair is by Inky Antics, and "What's New Pussycat?" is by The Cat's Pajamas (of course!). Patterned paper is from the Autumn Leaves MOD Collection.
And this week I have been experimenting with the Gamsol technique which basically allows regular colored pencils to give the effect of watercolors. There's a tutorial on the technique here if you'd like to check it out! I liked it because I felt I had a little more control over the distribution of color than I do with watercolor pencils and blender pens. Let me know what you think!


7 comments:

Melissa September 1, 2007 at 12:42 AM  

super cute! love how you colored the stamped image in-great contrast

Lynn September 1, 2007 at 7:06 AM  

Beautiful card! I just love the cute stamps and wonderful colors you used.

Sandra Collins September 1, 2007 at 7:10 AM  

adorable card - good job

Liz September 1, 2007 at 8:05 AM  

Too cute! Just love how you put it all together!

Leah's Crafty Life September 1, 2007 at 9:50 AM  

What a precious card, I love it!!

Sherri September 1, 2007 at 4:29 PM  

awesome job with the colors...cute card

Sharon in NE September 3, 2007 at 10:25 PM  

wonderful card! I always love that saying.