Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weather...


Today's blog challenge on Two Peas is to write about our recent weather...this is our first summer here in CO and I am loving it. I love the fact that when the kids and I were down in the Denver area running errands this morning, it was 95 degrees - but by the time we got back to our house up in the mountains it was 70, breezy and raining :) This is one of the big reasons why we live here! The summers in the area where we lived in Southern CA were awful; the kids and I really disliked it (although Iain was happy to go and play golf however hot it was!). Our electricity (mainly A/C) bill was $600 one month!

But now we are here, in the mountains, in the 70s. And it's great!
(Photos from Summer 05)

7 comments:

Heather August 14, 2007 at 4:08 PM  

My MIL is always going on about the wonderful weather in the moutains. Until the summer and then she's on about the fires! A $600 electric bill is awful! I thought ours were bad when they are $100!
Love you post about not having your camera for the rainbow. It seems like whenever I'm at a certain Target here in the evening the sunset is spectacular and I never have my camera!

Colleen August 14, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

Nice that it's that much cooler where you are! Great pics too!

Melissa August 15, 2007 at 1:44 AM  

I am soooo jealous of your 70 degree weather, it was a crazy 114 here in AZ yesterday w/ 28% humidity!-AHH

great pics :)

Heather August 15, 2007 at 5:52 AM  

Can we just come live with you guys? LOL It's been in the 100's all week here in Mississippi. Even at 7:00 or 8:00 at night, it's been in the 90's. YUCK!

EquineSpirit August 15, 2007 at 6:11 AM  

Wow! Just wow! We visited Colorado in May 2006 and ya know...I didn't want to go home! I just loved it there! It was hot but it was a nice dry heat so when they were talking about having record highs and what not it didn't bother us a bit! It was WONDERFUL and we loved that you can go into the mountains to "escape" the heat. We went to the top of pike's peak and my goodness it was sooo nice up there...cold but so nice...LOL!

Noelia August 15, 2007 at 10:26 AM  

I want to move where you live. That sounds like the kind of weather I long for! Sounds heavenly! The weather here has been good for the last couple of days. Yesterday was beautiful and breezy and not humid at all. Your pics are beautiful, tfs :)

Jill August 16, 2007 at 6:46 AM  

70s sounds perfect!! Such fun pictures!!!!