Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rainbows and Elk - and Nattie! :)

When we first moved here last fall, someone told me that Colorado rainbows can be some of the most spectacular we'll ever see. On Friday afternoon I understood what that person meant. As Iain, Jamie and I drove back from the movies, we spotted the most beautiful double rainbow. The colors were so vivid against the dark, cloudy sky, and did I have my camera with me? Of course - not! I didn't even have my cellphone with its teeny camera in it! I learned my lesson though...because you never know when that great photo opp will present itself. So...as a little cheat...this rainbow photo is from our trip to Maui 2 years ago! LOL!

Iain went out to play golf this morning and Jamie and I took Tasha for her morning walk. It rained on us all the way round and it felt great! We didn't get soaked; it was just heavy enough to keep us nice and cool :) Then, when we got home there was a huge elk standing in the middle of our driveway; he was so proud and majestic, and went steadily on his way at his own pace....

Nattie is coming back from CA tonight! This is the first time she has flown as an unaccompanied minor and she flew out on Wednesday to visit our good friends in Murrieta for a few days. From what I can tell, the girls had an AWESOME time and Nattie was thrilled to have a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain - her favorite theme park :) Iain and I were nervous wrecks when she flew out there, but didn't let her see that - she did an excellent job and this is just one more reminder of how grown-up she is becoming! We can't wait to see her at the airport tonight....

5 comments:

Theresa August 12, 2007 at 5:55 PM  

Awww sorry you didn't have your camera to capture the rainbow but the one you shot in Hawaii is sure pretty.

Anonymous August 13, 2007 at 12:50 AM  

She is much braver than I!

Colleen August 13, 2007 at 9:07 AM  

Gorgeous picture and sorry you missed getting a shot of the other one!

Latharia August 13, 2007 at 6:35 PM  

Love the pic of the double rainbow ... never been to Maui!

Lizzy August 15, 2007 at 3:56 PM  

LOL, I thought those were palm trees. Unusual for CO.. but then I read the note.. I'm having so much fun on 2Peas. So glad I got there.