Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Understanding neighbors...new stamps...and one more day


My neighbor returned from her vacation yesterday and I went down to see her in the afternoon. She was so understanding; she gave me a huge hug and said that Diego was always the one running out suddenly, sometimes in the direction of cars at the end of the driveway and that she wasn't surprised at what he did. She said I should not feel bad at all - that it was an accident which could have happened to anyone. I understand that, but I just can't forget the sound he was making. Lisa also said that she's glad he was inside the house and that she knows what happened to Diego - recently one of her dogs went missing and didn't return, and she is always wondering what happened to him, in particular up here in the mountains where there are so many more predators around.

I slept much better last night and am relieved at Lisa's reaction, although I'll never forget what happened to that little cat.

On a lighter note, Alma at The Cat's Pajamas said that the DT should be receiving the Winter line very soon! I've seen a sneak preview of the images - you will love them! Although I can't post those yet, there's a card here from an earlier line :)
The blog challenge over at Two Peas today was an easy one for me: "if you could have one more day to spend with someone, who would it be and why?" I would definitely say my dad. He passed away from stomach cancer when I was 17 and I realize now that there are so many things I didn't say to him that I should have. For example: why didn't you at least try the chemo/radiation route? Can we discuss your alcoholism and the effects it had on our family? Thank you for encouraging my reading at an early age - I have carried my love of books for the rest of my life.

7 comments:

Heather July 11, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

Glad to hear you are doing better. What a terrible experience.

Noelia July 11, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

I just read your previous post and I wanted to give you a big big HUG! It must've been a terrible thing to witness and to feel so powerless but you truly weren't at fault. Accidents do happen and although this is unfortunate, you are not to blame. So glad that your neighbour was understanding, you have good neighbours :)

Melissa July 12, 2007 at 4:30 AM  

big ((Hugs)) to you, what a hard experience to go through. even though it was an accident I can understand your feelings about it, I would have been just as heartbroken.

glad to hear your doing better about it after speaking with your neighbors-happy to hear she was understanding :)

Rachael July 12, 2007 at 9:42 PM  

Hugs! Glad you have a great understanding neighbor!

Jill July 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM  

I'm so glad your neighbor's reaction was reassuring and that you're feeling better.

Janet July 14, 2007 at 2:57 PM  

So glad your neighbor was understanding about what happened. Hope you are feeling better! {hugs} Janet

Sharon in NE July 15, 2007 at 10:42 AM  

I feel badly for you too...hope you're able to put it behind you. Sprinkles, I'm sure helps. Just looking at the cute cat makes me smile. Now, if only Alma would let ALL of us see the winter release...sigh...
(:) big hug