Friday, June 22, 2007

A little bit of understanding...

goes a long way. Here's today's Blog Challenge from Two Peas: "Let's blog about understanding. Do you feel you are understood? Are there people in your life who think they know you, but really they don't?"

I'd say there are very few people who truly understand me or "get" me. I'm a pretty private person, and I choose my friends carefully. I'd much rather have a couple of super friends than a larger circle of acquaintances. Unfortunately because I'm so picky I can sometimes come across as a bit cold, which is far from being my intent - I love having new friends but I take a looooong time to develop trust with someone.

My hubby knows and accepts me for exactly who I am, quirks and all. He doesn't care if I eat mixed nuts in a certain order, or that I like hot and cold desserts (e.g. hot apple pie and ice cream) in separate bowls :)

The photo today is of part of Edinburgh's skyline - "Arthur's Seat".

6 comments:

Janet June 22, 2007 at 4:34 PM  

Well, first, I love that picture. How beautiful! I was lucky enough to go there many moons ago...hope to return some day! And I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about being understood and having a small circle of friends. I'm the same way! I'm going to have to write about that topic. It's a good one. :-) Janet

Noelia June 22, 2007 at 4:41 PM  

I prefer small circles of close friends but I love interacting with a lot of people just not getting too private/intimate with all.
Lovely pic!

AnilĂș Magloire June 22, 2007 at 4:48 PM  

Wow!! You could have been describing me... I am exactly the same way :)

Rachael June 22, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

I prefer a smaller circle too. I think we are a lot alike just reading your description!

Gorgeous pic!

Stacey June 22, 2007 at 7:30 PM  

Beautiful picture! I, too, prefer my circle of close friends.

Maureen June 23, 2007 at 7:06 PM  

Love the photo! I too enjoy a small group of friends; I'm not one for a large party scene anymore.