Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fun in the Springs


Nattie and I had so much fun on our little road trip to Colorado Springs this week :) I had a flashback to a movie on the drive down there: Nattie was singing along (loudly) to her iPod, and I had new CD's in the car stereo and was also singing along (loudly) - then all of a sudden it occurred to me that we were on our way to the scene in "RV" where mom, dad and the two kids are all singing along to their own music....

Our favorite part was horseback riding in the Garden of the Gods on Tuesday afternoon. Our reservation was for 5pm so the weather had cooled off. Poor Nattie was petrified - it was her first time on a horse - but by the end of the ride she was yelling "Mama, this totally rocks!".
In other news, we went to the animal shelter down in Golden this morning to donate some blankets and animal food, and left 3 hours later having adopted a 6-month-old puppy! We're picking her up tomorrow after she has been spayed. Let the fun begin!

7 comments:

Heather June 7, 2007 at 6:30 AM  

What a wonderful trip! And at least you didn't come home with a horse, right!?

EquineSpirit June 7, 2007 at 6:43 AM  

Love the photo! Glad to hear Nattie enjoyed her first time riding horse! And congrats on your new addition! What kind of doggie is she?

Jill June 7, 2007 at 7:45 AM  

Very cute photo! And funny on the singing - a little bit glad we're a 1 ipod family. :-)

Anonymous June 7, 2007 at 7:47 AM  

you lucky dogs - I have a friend who lives in Co Springs and I am dying to visit her - I have never been to CO

Lynn June 7, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

Sounds like you and Nattie had a great time! I love riding horses. I really miss it now that I don't have one.
Congrats on the new puppy! What is her name??? Can't wait to see photos of your new addition.

Colleen June 7, 2007 at 10:31 AM  

Yeah on the puppy! Glad you had a good trip and what a great pic!

Michelle June 7, 2007 at 4:39 PM  

How awesome to be so close to Garden of the Gods! It's beautiful out there. That's so good of you to go to the animal shelter...they just had a thing on our radio here saying that our local shelters had to throw out all their food for the recall so they're desperately seeking more...I hadn't even thought about it, so I'm so glad I heard it. Good luck with the puppy...that will be fun!

Michelle