Sunday, May 06, 2007

What always makes me happy....




Who doesn't love a fresh, sharpened set of colored pencils, just waiting to be used on a new sheet of paper? Since I was a kid, this has been one of my favorite things :) Just a blank canvas of possibility waiting to be played with! Or how about seeing the kids picking up something to read, completely unprompted? That definitely brings a smile to my face every time. Guaranteed. Other happy things are Iain's jokes (and sense of humor which completely matches mine), the cats purring, and putting on my favorite jammies.


5 comments:

Aparna May 6, 2007 at 5:14 PM  

What a nice post!

And I concur - I love seeing my kids read or doing some painting or colouring.

Jill May 6, 2007 at 8:53 PM  

Me me MEEEEE! On both of those! I was so excited this morning because I got brand new crayola already sharpened colored pencils for my Sunday school class. TWO boxes! And Crayola - not even the super cheap kind!

I am seriously about to go do the tag...for real! :-) :-) :-)

Colleen May 7, 2007 at 9:45 AM  

I know what you mean! I used to love doing the school shopping when you had to get all the pencil crayons, new notebooks, etc! Fun pics!

Anonymous May 7, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

Love the pencils! Love that pic! You have to check out Kal's blog at www.lovelife.typepad.com She does amazing work with colored pencils and every so often she gives tips and tricks and challenges.

Anonymous May 7, 2007 at 10:54 PM  

Wait! Here is Kal's blog address

http://lovelife.typepad.com/my_weblog/