Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mothers...and sore throats

Two Peas Blog Challenge is all about mothers, with Mothers Day coming up in less than 2 weeks. My relationship with my mum is non-existent; the last time we spoke was several years ago. It's a long, drawn-out saga which I won't get into (I don't think Blogger gives me enough space, LOL) but I have decided to take a positive learning experience and decide that mum taught me how not to parent my own kids. And so far, so good....Nattie and Jamie are way more emotionally healthy than I was at their ages and I plan to help them continue to grow in all aspects.


We usually have quite a low-key Mothers Day, just the 4 of us, with a nice breakfast and me being generally taken care of :) Just the way I like it!

Tomorrow I'm having my throat surgery done to try and open up my airway a bit and alleviate my sleep apnea problems. From what I've heard I'll have the "mother of all sore throats" and will generally feel cr*ppy for a week or two...so if I'm not here blogging, it'll be because I'm enjoying the pain medications....

I'm a little nervous - who wouldn't be if a surgeon was going to alter the inside of their mouth and throat, right? But if it helps with the apnea and (according to Iain) super-loud snoring, then it'll be worth it. Otherwise we'll be adding on another bedroom to the house.
And on a completely unrelated topic, how cute is the cover of the book shown in my photo here? Both of my kids have loved this story, but the illustrations to me are the best part. We always say that the illustrator must have cats, because the expressions are right on.

3 comments:

Colleen May 2, 2007 at 5:15 PM  

Good luck and I hope it helps! Have a Happy Mother's Day with your family!

Anonymous May 2, 2007 at 5:41 PM  

Good luck! I'm sure it will go well. And if there is pain, enjoy the meds. But don't get hooked and end up in rehab! HA!

Jill May 6, 2007 at 8:58 PM  

I hope it went well and you are doing okay! Wishing you a quick recovery!