Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cake (and other stuff)!


Happy Wednesday :) I've been all mixed up with my days this week since the Monday holiday...makes for an interesting time at work - ha ha! It's been a busy week so far - lots going on with kindergarten registration, learning new procedures, and just starting to think about the end of the school year and getting ready for the next school year! It's a job where I seem to be thinking 4 months ahead most of the time :)
It's been chilly here this week, but sunny! I don't mind it being cold when the sun is out - the sunshine makes everything better! Things have been a little tough for me lately as I am still coming to terms with Iain and me separating - it's a long, hard process and I am very lucky to have some special friends to help me find my way through it all.
On Friday night I'm going to a newly-formed Bunco group - there will be a group of us from school playing together once a month for drinks, foods, chat and maybe even some Bunco :) Should be fun!
Today's card is one I made with some paper I found at the weekend when I was trying to decide on papers to use for my TCP Tuesday card. The stamp is from TCP's "You Say It's Your Birthday" set, and it's an image I use a lot because it's another terrific one for coloring or paper piecing. Thanks as always for stopping by!

4 comments:

Maureen February 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Very pretty! I love the dots around the image... are those brads or sticky embellies?? They are great!

Janet February 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Oh, my goodness, Toni, I am so sorry to hear about your separation. I'll be thinking of you and your family!

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful cards. I've found that it's really good to have a creative outlet, especially during rough times. {{hugs}} to you from Iowa!

Sues February 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

Thinking of you... knowing it's tough... but also confident you're a very strong lady. Glad you have friends up there you can lean on. And that you love your new job so much. That really helps. Miss you! P.S. Love the card!!

Bean Recipes May 31, 2023 at 10:01 PM  

This is a great post