Sunday, November 08, 2009

Another peek...and some news!


Here's another holiday card made with the brand new stamp sets coming this Tuesday from The Cat's Pajamas :) We'll be doing another blog hop starting on Monday evening at 9pm EST, so stop by and see what we have to show you!!
In other news, I have a new job! Our school secretary is retiring next month, and I applied for the position, went through an interview and got the job :) It's full-time, although I'm working pretty much full-time already anyway. With this job I'll get benefits and almost as much time off as the kiddos (I'll work a couple of weeks at each end of summer break). My first day is December 10th, so I'll get 7 full days of training with the current secretary before she leaves. I will really miss working so closely with the students (and they have told me they'll miss me a lot, too!), but I've told them I'll still see them a lot :)

9 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings November 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Cute card...and congrats on the new job!!!

Heather November 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Congrats on your new job!!

Carol November 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Toni cogratulations on your new job! Exciting and looks like the right fit for you! Gorgeous card btw really like how you are using those new stamps, embossing the sentiment is a nice touch:)

Maureen November 8, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Aw such a cute card Toni! Congrats on your new job! How wonderful! My mom was a school secretary for years; she loved it!

Tracey November 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

Congratulations on the new job Toni! Best of luck with it! Love your card here. It's fabulous! xx

Karrie Baker November 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

TONI!!! Congrats on the new job! I am so excited for you! YEAH!!!

Your card is adorable, can't wait to see the release and what you made for the blog hop!! xoxox

Debbie November 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Cute card. And congrats on the job.

Lisa Foster November 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Beautiful card, Toni! I am so happy for your new job! Congratulations, My Friend!
Hugs,
Lisa

Janet November 17, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

I'm VERY behind in my blog reading! Just catching up here and I see congrats are in order! Sounds like a great job for you!

Love that card! :-D