Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's official...




We have a teenager in the house! Today is Nattie's 13th birthday! She opened her gifts last night (as is tradition in our family), and was thrilled with everything she received. She will be waiting for just a few days for her gifts from Iain and me: this Saturday, Nattie is getting her hair highlighted (she says she wants a chunk of pink or some other color in the front!), and then next Tuesday, Nattie and I are going to see Rob Thomas in concert in Denver. It's going to be a fun few days for her.
In other news, I've been home sick for the last couple of days; I went to the doctor this morning and she told me I have another sinus infection. Ugh! Iain and the kids are out having dinner this evening, and then when they come home we're all going to watch a movie of Nattie's choosing. We have about 6" of snow on the ground as a result that headed through here last night - it looks really pretty outside :) I hope your week is going well!

10 comments:

SueB October 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

How time flies when you're having fun, eh?! Sorry for the sinus infection - hope you're feeling better than yesteray and worse than tomorrow! As for your snow - you've got the BEST attitude ... here I'm thinking "better you than me!" Enjoy!

Lisa October 21, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Happy Birthday Nattie!!!!

Sues October 21, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Please tell Nattie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Debbie October 21, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Oh my, it flys by doesn't it! Before you know it, she'll be graduating from high school.

Unknown October 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

I can't believe how much she's grown up!!! She's becoming a very beautiful young woman. Tell her I'm sending the happiest of birthday wishes to her!!! I love how you're making her special day last a little longer!!!

Janet October 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

Happy Birthday, a bit belated! Sounds like a very special celebration, stretching out over several days!
Hope you're feeling better today, Toni.

Alma de la Rosa October 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

How quickly they grow, no? Hope the Birthday girl has a wonderful day and the proud mama, a day of healing.

Heather October 25, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

I love Rob Thomas...just downloaded his newest album on Amazon. It's great. We went to see Matchbox Twenty a few years ago and they put on a great show, so I know ya'll will have fun!

Tracy October 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Ohhhh Happy Belated Birthday Nattie!! I hope you had a wonderful time at the Rob Thomas show. I *love* his music and he's not bad on the eyes either!! Nattie is growing into such a beautiful young woman. It goes by much too fast.

Maureen November 3, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Happy Belated birthday Nattie!