Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School


It's back to school for the kids today; they each went in for a half day at the end of last week, but today is the first official day when all students are attending. Nattie is starting 7th grade and Jamie is starting 2nd grade. Yikes!
I'm also returning to work, but this year I'll have a different role in the school. I'll be working 9am - 3pm in the classrooms every day with the 2nd, 4th and 5th grade kiddos. Our main focus will be reading :) It has always been one of my favorite things to do with Nattie and Jamie, and now I get to spend my day helping other kids to improve their reading too. I'm very lucky :)
Keeping with the "Back to School" theme, here's a card I made with a sketch from Unscripted Sketches and a stamp set from My Favorite Things called "I {Heart} Books". The little girl on this image reminds me of Nattie with her dark hair, her glasses, and with lots of concentration on that book...have a great Monday!

9 comments:

Janet August 24, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

What a cute design...perfect for a voracious reader! :-)

Hope your school year is off to a great start. We start today, too.

Tracey August 24, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

This is an adorable set. Love your card Toni!

Lisa Foster August 24, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

How adorable! I can see that she looks like Nattie! Enjoy your first day back to school! Hugs, Lisa

Debbie August 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

How fun getting paid to read with the kids! Hope the first day is great for all three of you.

Linda Nicholson August 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Super cute card! I can see the resemblance to Nattie as well. Harland and Christopher started school last week. Where did the summer go? Linda

Sues August 24, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Welcome back to work! Bummer the summer went so fast! Great card - love that set!

Maureen August 24, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Ah, those days are over for me now; Daughter is starting University this year! Your job sounds perfect for you Toni!

Joanne Travis August 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

What an adorable image! Super cute card.
Hope you have been doing well, Toni!

Jenny Gropp August 29, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

I grew up with a book in hand always, loved reading -- still do it's just trying to find the time!!! How some people don't find joy in reading, I will never understand. Adorable little image!