Sunday, April 26, 2009

With Sympathy


Hi there, I hope your Sunday is going well. Here's another card I made for the latest Artful INKables release; I used the "Bouquets and Butterflies" set to make a sympathy card. For the irises, I stamped the flower part an extra time, cut it out and layered it on top to make the flowers "pop". The ovals are Nestabilities dies, and the patterned paper is from Basic Grey's "Periphery" line. The sentiment was stamped on white paper, punched out with the "Word Window" punch (from Stampin' Up!), and mounted on top of a flourish die (also by Basic Grey).
Iain's picking up Nattie from the sleepover at her friend's house. And my plan for today is to tidy up my craft area! It's pretty bad :)

9 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings April 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Oh my...this is absolutely gorgeous!

Elena April 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Beautiful card! I love the blue flowers! Love the dimension you created!

Betty J Schaub April 26, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

This card is simply beautiful!!! Love everything about it!

Debbie April 26, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Pretty card. Isn't it amazing how fast our craft areas messy. I always have the best plans to keep it neat and before I know it.....

Kerri April 26, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

This is just beautiful, Toni! I love the colors you used, and the way you layered the ovals. I also love the way you did the sentiment! Gorgeous : )

LorettaL April 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

I commend you on your where-with-all to clean up!!!! I could use a few lessons there.

Toni, this is such a lovely card! I love periphery and had it out today but decided against it. Your blue irises are wonderful.

Lisa Foster April 26, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

This is such a lovely card! I adore all the elements you have! Great job, Toni!

Janet April 28, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Beautiful card, Toni! Sympathy cards can be so difficult to make, especially if you need one right away. Lovely design.

sarkadan May 12, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

That's really cool, I know what it's like to live in an area with lots of beauty and not so many people. Good way to keep yourself busy and be creative. We moved to Marrakech and run a
Marrakech Holiday Villa.