Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day!


Woo hoo! Finally the forecasters got it right! The snow is coming down hard here and all the schools in our district are closed - which means we get an extra day of Spring Break, since today was supposed to be the last day of school :) I will take some photos later on and post them; it's been a while since we've had any significant snow to photograph!

Some of you asked about my new banner - I had hunted around looking for someone to work on it for me, but lots of these gals just aren't taking new orders on right now. I did some googling and asking friends and found a site called Shabby Princess - she has great digital kits (and smaller ones called "Blogwear" and (more importantly) some excellent tutorials. It took me about 4 hours, but eventually I was able to make my own banner using Photoshop Elements! I have to say, I was very proud of myself! Thank you for all the compliments!
Today's card is made with Artful INKables stamps. Isn't the tea quote just so true? This set is called "Warm Drinks for Cold Days" and is another great set for those of us with a coloring addiction :) Have a great Thursday, everyone!

9 comments:

Betty J Schaub March 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Very pretty! I'll takr a cuppa! It's chilly in north Texas today too. No snow though.

Darcey March 26, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

I love snow days!! Another day off is great, enjoy your spring break.

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Snow day here too!!!!!!!
HAPPY CRAFTING :)

SueB March 26, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

I'm glad to report it's sunny and 54 degrees fahrenheit here! The card's a beauty AND so's the new banner! I'll scope out the tutorials you noted (thanx for the links) and let you know if/when I'm feeling crafty enough to play!

Elena March 27, 2009 at 5:09 AM  

The card is so cute! I love the sentiment you used! So true!
And your new banner looks fantatstic!
You are VERY talented, Toni!

Unknown March 27, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

All I can say is KEEP THE SNOW THERE! We finally have 50 degree temps & sunshine & after 100" of snow this past winter, we've had enough!!!
Enjoy your time off!

Sarah Coggins March 27, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

Congrats on making the banner! It looks fabulous. :) And love the card, too. Such a great color mix. tfs!

Linda Nicholson March 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

So very pretty Toni! Your ability to work with patterned paper still amazes me! I'll have to check out the Shabby Princess blog. One of these days I'll figure out how to make my own header.....

Linda

Linda March 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

I love your new banner. You did a great job!