Friday, February 13, 2009

Long weekend :)

Thank you for all the kind wishes for Gramps. The latest is that they found a heart murmur, which the doctors said is very common at his age. If he was younger they would suggest surgery, but because of his age it is too risky. Right now they have him still in hospital wearing a monitor 24/7. They are also going to try some medication but keep him in there while they do that, just in case he has a bad reaction to it. After talking with some friends and family, I think I am going to take a short trip over there in a week or so; Iain and I are going to see what we can figure out this weekend. I think it will be good for Gramps and for me.

On the papercrafting side, I am planning some serious stamping this weekend! I have stamps from The Cat's Pajamas and Artful Inkables to work with! Wooo hoo! So there will be some brand new projects appearing here on my blog very soon :) The kids would like to see "Coraline" this weekend, so we'll be doing that, and Jamie has a swim lesson on Saturday.

There is lots of other stuff going on right now: I'm helping to organize the Chili Cookoff at school which is taking place next Thursday. We have a dozen staff members cooking chili. Families will pay to come in and taste all the chili, and they will vote for their favorites! All the proceeds will be going to our school playground fund. We're also heading into testing season at school, and as the coordinator I am responsible for checking and double-checking all the materials and test booklets throughout the school before they are returned to the CO Dept of Education. I also started a new class at school this week which will last until mid-March. The good news is that I only have 4 classes left after this one! YEAH!

So...that's what's going on with me right now. What are you up to this long weekend?

6 comments:

Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

"Coraline" is well worth seeing. I went last weekend by myself, my teenage son didn't want to see it, go figure. lol It's sooo well done. I enjoyed it very much.

Hope your Grand dad is feeling better soon. And I gotta say mmmm chili!

Lindastamps

Teresa Kline February 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

I hope your grandad is feeling well soon.....have a fabulous Valentines weekend! *~*

Debbie February 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Glad you are going to see your grandad. How long had it been?

SueB February 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

I've been away from PC and just catching up - cyber hugs to you and yours. Hope your Gramps responds to his new meds and is back relaxing at home soon, and you both enjoy a nice visit - sounds like a t'riffic antidote!

I just stopped by to visit and let you know I'd inked up the stamps I won during your blogoversary - thanx again, Toni!

Linda February 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

You are busy. Glad that you grandfather is doing better. I'm looking forward to seeing your new projects.

Janet February 17, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

Just catching up on your blog! I'm sorry to hear your grandfather is having a hard time. It's great that you may be traveling to see him. That will be a real treat for both of you!