Friday, February 27, 2009

Home again :)

Hi all, I got back last night around 8pm after my flying visit to see Gramps. He's still in hospital and things there are moving very slowly compared to the way things get done here in the U.S. He still has shadows on his lungs on the x-rays and is coughing up blood, and because he's been on different antibiotics all this time, the doctors still haven't started him on any heart medication. He was very happy to see me, though, and I was happy to see him :) He shared some family stories with me that I hadn't heard before, and I got to say what I wanted to say to him and of course give him lots of hugs and kisses :)



One day before visiting hours at the hospital, we went for a Dorset Cream Tea: tea, scones, jam and clotted cream. We did a little shopping in Dorchester too.



On Wednesday I got the bus back up to London and stayed the night there since my flight was early on Thursday morning. I came back via Chicago. It was awesome to see Iain's and the kids' smiling faces waiting for me at Denver last night. I'm glad to be home, and I glad that I went to see Gramps :)

13 comments:

Heather February 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a safe trip & a good visit with your grandpa. I hope he's all better soon!

Debbie February 27, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great visit and a real English tea-YUM! Hope your grandad starts getting better soon.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings February 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

That is wonderful. How happy you've made him and how awesome that you got to have all those fabulous treats! Glad you're back safe and sound.

Tracey February 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Welcome home Toni! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!!

Darcey February 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I am so glad you had a good trip:) Glad to know your home!

SueB February 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

And I'm betting you were t'riffic medicine for Gramps, too! Welcome home!

Linda February 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Welcome home! Glad that you had a lovely visit with Gramps.

Karrie Baker February 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

I am so glad you are home and that you were able to spend some time with your Grandpa. Big HUGS to you!!

Elena February 28, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

Glad to see you are back, Toni!!! It is so good that you made this trip!
Hugs,
Elena

Janet February 28, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

Glad you made it back safely. So sweet of you to make the trip to see him!

Maureen February 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Welcome back Toni. So glad you had the opportunity to see him. I'll bet he was simply thrilled to see you too! And clotted cream? That sounds delish!

emily March 1, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

That is so wonderful that you got to go visit your Grandfather. What an important trip to take. Still sending prayers his way and your way...

Lisa Foster March 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Welcome Home, My Friend!!!! So glad you're back safe and sound and that you got to see your Gramps!!! I will keep him in my prayers!

I do have to ask...what is clotted cream? I have these visions of cottage cheese clumped up in your tea cup...I'm sure that's NOT the case...So, 'Splain it to me, Lucy. :)
{{BIG HUG}} Glad you're back!