Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chili, anyone?



Tonight we're having a Chili Cookoff at the school. A team of four of us has been busy organizing this for about 6 weeks :) We have 12 staff members cooking chili, and the kids and their families are going to pay to taste the chili and vote for their favorites. The money raised will go to our school's playground fund. We were also able to get some great prizes for first, second and third place - and there's a prize for the chili that gets the least votes, too!!

8 comments:

Lisa February 19, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

Love the idea of the chili getting the least amount of votes getting a prize too.

Hope you raise tons of money.

Lisa

Janet February 19, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

This is a great idea to do in the "chilly" winter months! I hope you raise a lot of money!

My DH judges the chili contest at our state fair each year. He's one of several judges...no expert on chili; he just loves it! lol

Sues February 19, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Sounds like fun - I'm going to make some chili myself this weekend now!!! Be safe on your trip.

Lisa Foster February 19, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Mmmm. I love chili!! Since I'm from Texas, chili is like it's own food group! Have fun! Wish I could be there!

Heather February 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Sounds fun! SO, are you cooking too?

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings February 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Oh wow, the chili cookout sounds wonderful!! Hope it's fun! I wanted to let you know I finall posted cards using the stamp set you so generously gave me! Here's the link and thanks again! http://waldeewee.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-won-this-amazing-stamp-from-toni-at.html

Unknown February 19, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

What a great idea - hope it brings lots of money to the playground fund! Let us know how it turns out!

emily February 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

How funny?! I just had chili for dinner tonight! I cooked a big batch awhile back and had some in the freezer...enjoy your night! sounds like a fun time! Also...thanks for your thoughts...I appreciate it!