Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A sad afternoon....

The kindergarten teacher I work with was absent for the last couple of weeks of school before winter break; her mom was very sick and unfortunately passed away on the 18th. Today I went to the funeral service along with another staff member from the school. I was watching the kids who were there and thinking how tough it would be to lose someone right in the middle of the holidays, when that time of year is already so stressful for many people. I came home and gave my kiddos and hubby a big hug...

3 comments:

Karrie Baker December 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

So sorry to hear about that Toni... :( My heart goes out to her & her family right now.

Heather December 31, 2008 at 5:30 AM  

How sad! :(

Sues December 31, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

So sorry... I know how they feel. My grandfather died on 12-23 - it was a sad Christmas that year and for many, many years after. :(