Sunday, December 21, 2008

Feeling very lucky :)


I am feeling very, very lucky this weekend. Friday was the last day of school, so I knew that a chaotic day was in store :) First we had a staff breakfast where we all revealed whose "Secret Santa" we were - it was hilarious listening to some of the reasoning behind the guesses!!
Next came the kindergarten class party; we had about 8 parents helping out who had organized lots of crafts and food for the kids; they had a blast - what's not to like about anything involving glitter or frosting?? I was overwhelmed by the kind words from parents who came and spoke to me. One of them said, "In case you ever wonder if your job is worthwhile, don't ever doubt it. These kids love you!". Wow. Of course, as a mom I am always been very appreciative of my kids' teachers and I help out in whatever ways I can, but it was different this year hearing it from the other side since I'm now working at the school as a para.
The class also sang "Happy Birthday" to me and gave me some flowers and a beautiful leather journal. My birthday isn't until the 28th, but they somehow found out that it was during winter break and still celebrated anyway :)
I am a lucky, lucky girl! Happy holidays, everyone!
(Details for today's "Holiday Thanks" card: "Snow Bunny Flopsey" stamp by My Favorite Things; sentiment by Stampin' Up!; Copic markers)

9 comments:

Anonymous December 21, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

what a great bunch of kids you have!! I love this card!
Have a Merry Christmas

Sues December 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Wow, that sounds like a great day!!! You're so lucky to work at such a great place!

Lida December 21, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Adorable card, I love it!!

jillconyers December 22, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

Great card as always. You should always know your job as a para is always appreciated by the teachers you work with, the students and the parents :)

mborrero December 22, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

happy holidays!

Unknown December 22, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

Aww Toni - it is a wonderful thing to hear from parents. To me it's a reminder of why I do my job. I love the kids' and hope that I in someway make a small difference in all their lives.
As for the glitter? Now come on - you know I banned that from my classroom years ago! If it's not in a stickles form - it's not allowed! :) LOL

Benita December 22, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

What a sweet thing for that parent to say to you! And just so you know, you share your birthday with a special person in my life....my Mom :)

Debbie December 22, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Well, having met you in person, I can certainly understand why the kids love you!

Darcey December 22, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

Have a great birthday! Thank you so much for the Christmas card! You make the best cards ever! Have a wonderful, happy & safe holiday!!