Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful :)

I hope that everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving, wherever and however you spent it. We spent our Thanksgiving at home, just the 4 of us. Jamie wanted a "real" (read: traditional) Thanksgiving this year, so I even cooked! Those of you who know me will know what a big deal that is - I'm not a huge fan of cooking, I do it because I have to, and I usually steer clear of big, multi-step dinners at all costs :) But I did it! I made roasted turkey breast, cranberry sauce (with fresh cranberries!), yams with marshmallows, stuffing and gravy. Nattie made turkeys to put next to our plates, and we all wrote down what we were thankful for :) The kids' lists even included pumpkin pie, which we had after dinner while watching "Shrek". Amongst other things, I was thankful that I was able to pull off dinner and give Jamie his "real" Thanksgiving :)

Here's what else I am thankful for this weekend:

  • My hubby, our kiddos and pets
  • Our good health
  • Our safe, cozy home
  • My new creating space down in the basement!
  • That I was able to get a hair appointment on Wednesday to have my gray covered :)
  • The beautiful town where we live
  • That I will be finished with my degree by the end of next Summer
  • All of our family back in England and Scotland
  • Our friends and neighbors
  • My job and the super kids and people I work with
  • My blogging and online friends and their support
  • My dishwasher (it worked overtime yesterday!)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone :)

3 comments:

Linda November 28, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

I'm glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving and that your cooking was successful!

Unknown November 29, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

What a mom - you are a terrific lady! I'm impressed w/ the real cranberry sauce. My mom always served the gell slid out of a can. Yuck.

Sues November 29, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

I'm so proud of you for cooking! What a great list! Happy Thanksgiving!!!