Tuesday, November 04, 2008

GO VOTE!!


I hope you're all going to go and vote today. As some of you know, Iain and I moved to the U.S. from Scotland in 1993. However, we didn't become U.S. citizens until 2002, which meant that for 9 years we couldn't vote here in the U.S. - and let me tell you, it's so very frustrating living in a country where you can't have your say every time elections come around.

When we became U.S. citizens we were very proud, and we are thankful every day for how lucky we are to live here and to be able to raise our family here. And another one of the privileges of living here as citizens is that on days like today we can each go and have our say at the election booth!!

Whatever your political beliefs, GO VOTE! You are lucky to be able to do so :)

I'll be back this afternoon with TCP Tuesday. Have a fabulous Election Day!

2 comments:

Colleen November 4, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

I agree! Very important to get out there and use your voice. I always say that if you don't vote, you can't complain about it after the fact either!! lol

Unknown November 4, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Amen and AMEN!!!!