Friday, October 10, 2008

Six secrets :)

I was tagged last week by my blogging friend Linda to reveal six secrets (or perhaps things you simply might not know) about me...that's a big deal, as I'm not typically open about a lot of things for one reason or another. So, be gentle, here goes :)

  • Just like another blogging friend, Sarah, I never make my bed :) It's something my Mum didn't make me do as a kid, and well, I just never made it a habit! It's not something I make a conscious decision not to do every morning, it just doesn't occur to me! LOL!
  • My father was an alcoholic; my mother and grandmother suffered from depression.
  • I regret choosing to take a 2-year college course (equivalent of an Associate's degree here in the U.S.) instead of just doing my 4-year degree right after high school. Dad was right about that - he told me at the time that I'd regret it later in life. But hey, I'm working on it now and will be done in 2009!
  • My hubby and I went through 6 pregnancies to have our 2 healthy kiddos.
  • I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember...I'm making slow progress in dealing with it, and am realizing that I still have emotional issues related to food that I need to deal with...
  • I TiVo several shows that are my "guilty pleasures" to watch when Iain's away on a business trip: Project Runway, 90210, Top Design, The Bachelor/Bachelorette... :)

Now I need to tag some friends to share their secrets....I'm tagging Maria, Sue, Linda, Laura, Shirley, and Patti. Have fun, ladies!

6 comments:

jillconyers October 11, 2008 at 3:16 AM  

Love sharing secrets!

Your guilty pleasures made me laugh :)

Anonymous October 11, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

I barely noticed you tagged me before I came to leave a comment. Thanks for sharing, it's nice to get to know someone!!!
I'll get on mine, hum....what to share?????

Janet October 13, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Thanks for sharing. {hugs} to you, Toni! You have been through a lot in your life. Congrats on finishing up that degree! :-)

Laura October 14, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

Thanks for tagging me Toni! I love getting to know people a little better with blog games. It sounds like you have had it rough at times. Big Hugs, Laura.

Sarah Coggins October 15, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

Enjoyed reading your secrets! This is a hard one, isn't it? Kudos to you for going back to school. I can't imagine what you & Iain went through, but so glad you have been blessed with Nattie & Jamie! :)

Linda October 20, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Thanks for playing along. Good for you for going back to school. Loved reading your guilty pleasures.