Sunday, October 12, 2008

Simple happy birthday :)


This is a card I made last week for one of the 5th grade teachers I work with :) The flower stamp is by Stampendous and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment stamp is by TCP. Patterned paper is from my scrap stash; I believe it's by SEI.
How was your weekend? We got our first SNOW of this season! We had some on Saturday night and then some more tonight...it didn't stay on the ground for long, but it was a taste of what's to come! The high today was 34! BRRRRR.....
Saturday we all stayed home; I had quite a bit of Math to do for school, as well as laundry for Nattie so that we could pack for her trip this week. On Sunday Nattie and I went to my friend Shelley's house to prepare some card kits for the elementary school's leadership group (3rd, 4th and 5th grade kiddos). The kids are going to assemble the cards and sell them! We put together 2 Halloween cards and one Fall card...I'll let you know how their sales go :) Nattie was a great help to us!
Sunday night we also watched our favorite show, "The Amazing Race" on CBS. We love seeing all the countries and cities the teams visit, and of course watching them competing in the road blocks/detours is always entertaining! Wishing everyone a terrific week ahead :)

3 comments:

Anonymous October 13, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

i have such a crush on stampendous flowers. i love this one but don't think i've ever seen it. great colors, great card, bummer on the snow. I'm not ready yet!!!

Jenna October 13, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

adorable card!... and I cannot believe you have snow already!... even upstate NY has been having a bit of warm weather- 75 is the high today!

Sharon in NE October 14, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

I love how you made this! Very cute!