Tuesday, October 21, 2008

12 today!


I can't believe Nattie is 12 today! 12 years ago I was in Winchester Hospital (near Boston), thrilled to have our baby girl alive and healthy :) I was 24 years old (which seems so young now!) and we had only been living in the U.S. for 3 years. Iain and I had our green cards, but we were not yet citizens. Time has certainly flown by!


We let Nattie open her cards and presents last night since she leaves so early in the morning for school! Some of the things she received were a hairdryer, hair straightener, gift cards for Kohl's, Target and Barnes & Noble, clothes, and some cash! I see a shopping day in Nattie's future :) We went out to Coldstone Creamery for ice cream after school today, and on Saturday 3 of Nattie's friends are coming over. I'm taking them to see "High School Musical 3", then out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, then back here for a sleepover. It'll be a busy but fun day for the girls!

8 comments:

Linda October 21, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

Happy Birthday Nattie! My girls want to see HSM3 too. Have fun!

Anonymous October 21, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Happy Birthday Nattie - here's hoping you have a wonderful day!

Debbie October 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Happy Bday Nattie! and have fun this weekend. Such a beautiful photo your mom posted.

swordsandswimmers October 22, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

HAppy Birthday Miss Nat....I will have Viv give her a call maybe tyhis afternoon. Have you and Benita abandoned your posts? No updates lately......what up with that?

Sues October 22, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

HAPPY BDAY NATTIE!!! You card is on it's way - it sat in my purse for a few days - sorry!!! Hope you had a great day!

Unknown October 23, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Such a beautiful girl - inside & out. Even though I've never met you Nattie - I can see in your photo's what a lovely young lady you are becoming!
Enjoy your birthday week celebrations!

Lisa October 23, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

It was the day you became a MOM too.

HB Nattie!

Lisa

Janet October 23, 2008 at 4:55 PM  

Great picture! Hope she had a wonderful day. :-)