Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shiver Me Timbers!

Just 3 days until the release of 3 new sets of stamps from The Cat's Pajamas :) The rest of the DT gals and I have had tons of fun with these sets; you'll see on Friday (and probably through the sneak peeks) that there are some exciting new additions to the TCP line! Yeah! And just in time for the holiday cardmaking season :) The card on the right is another one from the "Aaargh! Piratey!" set; the patterned paper is by Cosmo Cricket (the "Haunted" collection).

So, what's been going on here? Well...

  • work is great - I really love working in the kindergarten class for 2 of my 4 hours at school. The kiddos are so eager to learn and are just so enthusiastic about being at school; it's all new and exciting to them. The teacher has welcomed me with open arms, and I learn a lot from her each and every day about kids' learning skills, development, and how to teach these little ones!
  • I finished one of my 2 required math classes! Woo hoo! I have a 2-week break until my next math class (I decided to get them both out of the way at the same time), so I plan on making the most of the next couple of weeks :)
  • tonight the kids and I went to Math Night at school...the kids in kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade all got to learn new math-oriented games to play at home which will in turn help the kiddos practice and learn their math facts. We also visited the book fair which is always popular in our house...we came home with a huge bag of new books and Jamie and I read his new "Spiders" book at bedtime.

7 comments:

Karrie Baker September 23, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

OHHHHHHH I reallllly like this one! I don't think I have seen this one before. Love the use of the frame. FAB card Toni!!! And thanks for the update on what's shaking over there. heehee

Linda September 24, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Super cute card! I'm glad the job is going well for you.

Sarah Coggins September 24, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Cute card! I love the title design.

Ah...the book fair. :) Always one of my favorite parts of school.

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

Cute card! My DD loves book fairs too.

Janet September 24, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

Sounds like a busy time at your house! I used to love book fairs, too. I miss them, now that DD is older. Fun card, Toni! Wasn't "Talk Like a Pirate Day" just last week? :-)

Sues September 24, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

Love the card! But even more, I loved the update! We are both so busy, it seems like I never get to talk to you anymore. Miss you!

Linda Nicholson September 26, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Super cute card Toni! The patterned paper really add just the right touch to the card...makes it feel older!

Aren't kindergartener's great? I am loving getting to know each of Harland's classmates. I am going to be participating in a project with both the Kindergarten and 1st grade classes called Art in a Suitcase. We get to show the kids reproductions of actual masterpieces (i.e. Warhol, Monet, Debussy, etc.) and then have the kids make a project based on the subject matter. It should be a lot of fun!

Linda