Thursday, September 11, 2008

MFT Sketch Challenge card



I made this card for this week's Sketch Challenge at the MFT forum on Splitcoast Stampers :) I used the new "Chamomile" image from MFT, and patterned paper by Sweetwater. The flowers are Primas.

How's your week going? I worked some extra hours at the school on Monday and Tuesday while the teachers did some testing on the kids. I am really enjoying working there, and have had some super-positive experiences helping kids with different things :) The principal also asked me to represent the paraprofessionals on the school development committee, so I'll be attending my first meeting tonight to learn more!

Fall is definitely in the air here...temperatures are fluctuating a lot! One day we'll be in the 70s and the next we can be in the 50s! Earlier this week (I think it was Monday), the high was just 44 degrees! I checked back at my photos from last year to see when it started snowing. We got a dusting of snow on 10/7/07, and then the following week there was another storm where we got several inches...so the first snow of the year isn't far away...

I hope you have a great Thursday! Catch you all tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

I LOVE THIS!!!! I'm addicted to sweetwater paper. HAVE YOU BEEN TO THERE HOUSE IN Ft. Morgan!!! It's is gorgeous!!!! A couple friends and I spent a weekend there!!! HEAVEN!!!

Lily September 11, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

this is just stunning! Love the stamping and distressing. My weeks is going well, but it's still a million dregrees and humid here. We don't get fall ish (that's 85 instead of 90) until late nov

Linda Nicholson September 11, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

So pretty Toni! Love the three Primas all bundled together...really gives the card that extra something!

We're starting to feel the cooler air down here in the Springs too! It'll be chilly in the mornings when I drop the kids off to school and then it will warm up in the afternoon. One day last week it only got as high at the 50's.

I'm betting we'll have a snowy winter this year!

Linda

Janet September 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Very pretty card! Love the herb with that paper. Just a perfect match.

Glad the school work is going well! They are lucky to have such a dedicated and caring person! :-)

emily September 12, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

How wonderful to have a job you truly enjoy! Good luck with your first meeting...

Shirley September 15, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

Now this is stunning. I love the colors and the great design.

Linda September 15, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Pretty card. Glad that you job is going well.

Darcey September 18, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

So glad to hear that work at the school is going so great. They must really like you.