Thursday, August 21, 2008

What's the story?


Here's a new Flopsey image from My Favorite Things - how cute is the bunny reading a book? :) I used up some scraps of patterned paper and paper pieced Flopsey.
So today was my 4th day at work. I'm getting into a regular schedule slowly but surely. I start with 2 hours in kindergarten. The little kids are a great group and some couldn't remember (or pronounce) my name, so those few call me "Mrs. Teacher" :) The kindergarten teacher and I have a table each and the kids rotate from table to table to get their "work" done. After kindergarten recess I go along to 5th grade and perhaps grade some papers or help get a lesson ready, then it's time for 1st grade recess supervision (which is cool because Jamie comes and gives me a huge hug in the playground!). After that I'm with 5th grade for the rest of the time - helping in class, and then I keep an eye on them during recess and lunch before heading home early afternoon.
My time management skills are going to have to be in top form, particularly when I'm doing a school class (as I am now), which can take up a couple of hours a day. I also have to keep up my gym routine, DT work and the wife/mom stuff. I'll get there!

9 comments:

Unknown August 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

You can do it Toni - you'll get the hang of it all real quick & be on top of your game in no time!
I'm so glad you are enjoying it. It's very rewarding to work with the kids!

FORD RULES August 21, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

You are superwomen arent you? You can do anything!!!

Love the bunny!!

Maureen August 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Oh, what a great idea with the bunny! You are do artistic... great card.

Congrats on your job! Sounds like busy but rewarding work.

Maureen August 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

Er, that was SO artistic...

Crap, spell-check Maureen!

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

How cute is that little rabbit! He's just adorable! Great colours too! Sounds like you are certainly keeping yourself busy at work too!

Janet August 22, 2008 at 6:59 AM  

Love the bunny! That touch of orange ribbon is perfect!

Glad the school job is working out well!

Heather August 22, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

Sounds like you're loving your new job. That's great!

Linda August 22, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Cute stamps. I'm glad you are enjoying your new job!

Linda Nicholson August 24, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

Hello "Mrs Teacher"! LOL! That is so cute! Don't you just love how sweet they are in kindergarden?

You sound super busy but I know you can do it! Do you think that once a month you would be up to a TCP challenge with Karrie and I?

Linda